Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've seen some of the fj cruisers on the road, I love thier tires and wonder if they would fit our e's

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Do you know what brand they are, and what size? How does that compare with the size of the stock tires? You can go about an inch larger in diameter, 20, maybe 30 mm larger in section width. If you don't know how to calculate tire diameter, you can look up specific models and sizes on 'spec' tables from the manufacturer or tire retailers.

See if you can figure this out for yourself before someone cheats and gives you the answer :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know what brand they are, and what size? How does that compare with the size of the stock tires? You can go about an inch larger in diameter, 20, maybe 30 mm larger in section width. If you don't know how to calculate tire diameter, you can look up specific models and sizes on 'spec' tables from the manufacturer or tire retailers.

See if you can figure this out for yourself before someone cheats and gives you the answer :)

argh, I knew someone smarty pants would chime in. I'm a cheater, what can I say!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Super
I sent you a PM
There are quite a few threads on this subject - do a search and you'll find what you are looking for

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I did, but I couldn't find any pics, like the one you just posted.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Can't beat General Grabber AT2s for the money. I used to only run BFG AT KOs and Long Tails on everything but, after several quality issues I switched to Grabbers and have been thoroughly impressed.
I do not run these in the summer any more since they greatly decrease fuel economy. I have Bridgestone Dueler HTs on the stock rims and they are pretty good. So far with only 15,000 miles on them they still look new and I am getting close to 25mpg vs. 20mpg with the Grabbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
argh, I knew someone smarty pants would chime in. I'm a cheater, what can I say!
My sig lists one option that looks beefier.

The stock size for the FJ (I looked on a Toyota site) is 265/70/17, which is about 31.7" in diameter. That's 2 1/2" larger than can be fit on an Element. I did not find a listing of what the stock brand is. For their off-road package the tires are 265/75/16, BFG Rugged Trails (about same diameter as stock).

The easiest way of adding a rugged look to your Element is to get BFG TA KOs in the stock size, 215/70/16. While people have go up to 235 width, there isn't a serious reason to do so. Rugged Trails come in 235/70/16. Judging from the sidewalls and shoulders, I don't think there will be fit problems with these.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
My last E had Cooper Discoverer ATRs on them (in stock size) when I purchased it. Attached is a pic when I first purchased.

I was happy with them, but was going to go even more aggressive when they needed replaced (and probably slightly larger than stock, either on 15s or 16s steelies) . . . I was partial to BFG ATs, but for a less expensive tire I would have gone with Yokohoma Geolanders or General Grabbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
I guess it depends on you definition of 'beefier'. I have 255/55-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers.

those lloook good is there any rubbing?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
those lloook good is there any rubbing?
When it's raining you can hear a squeal when you turn the tires where it rubs against a little ridge in the wheel well. It's nothing that you feel, though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dueler HL's vs. Dueler HT's

I'e been running on Dueler HL's for almost 2 years now, and they are the best I've tried so far. I live in upstate New York, and I have found that they are fantastic in the snow! As for regular highway and around town usage, I have no complaints. Road noise is low, and they perform in rain fairly well too.

Prior to this, I ran whatever Honda had on there stock, and they were weak, short lived pieces of poop.

Someone mentioned Dueler HT's... anyone else have any opinions on those?
I don't get the difference between the HL's and the HT's.

·
Registered
66 Posts

1 - 20 of 32 Posts