Honda Element Owners Club banner

Does anyone know how to remove the stock gauges bezels?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ERider 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the stock gauges bezels? I want to paint them the same SOP as my "E".

#2 ·
I could not find any instructions in the workshop manual to remove the bezels by themselves. The bezels are attached the upper panel garnish. You can remove the garnish by first pulling off the side cover of the dash. It is best to start on the rear bottom end of cover. Once that is removed, you will see one screw that affixes the garnish to the dashboard. Remove that screw. Now pull upwards and to the rear of the car to remove the garnish. I had to rotate the garnish a bit for the air duct to release. Once it is out you can see on the backside of it and how the bezels are attached. Good luck!

#5 ·
I guess if worse comes to worse, you buy one of the overlay kits and paint it SOP and then apply it to your gauges.

#6 ·
my dealer wanted $750 CAD for the interior trim kit and he wasn't about to budge ! once i found out that they were only plastic overlay ( luckily i told him i wanted the old pieces back and he told me how they fitted and that was that )

good luck with the re-paint hope it works out well !

#7 ·
I should have thought of this in the first place. You can save yourself a ton of money by buying the stock part and then painting it. The stock bezels are available from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and cost less than $8.00. This way if get tired of them or screw up you can go back to the stock configuration.

#8 ·
hmmmmmmm, but we still need to figure out how to remove and that will not cover all of the pieces included in the kit ( center dash, around door controls, heater controls ... ).

but at least the gauges would look great ! and that would be the initial draw anyway...

#9 ·
I'll be taking my "E" in for its first service in a few weeks and I'm going to check out the cost of new bezels and whats involved in changing out the newly painted ones.

My Honda dealer gave me the name of an outfit in StoneyCreek Ontario (Canada) that will mix an aerosol paint can for me to match the paint number of my SOP. I did this before with my MPV and the paint was a perfect match.

The price they are asking for the "Covers" is just nuts. Mind you, it would be a lot faster to install. Too bad there isn't an unpainted version we could buy CHEAP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.