Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2004 orange element, and snow fell off my roof and pretty much destroyed the hood. I live in rural NH and have not been able to find anything locally. Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about finding a new hood?
Thanks very much.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,282 Posts
I'm sure they are out there. even in the right color. Sunset Orange Pearl was a very popular color on the first 3 years (2003 - 2005).

Here's one in NY on that infamous auction site that starts with an e. Not your color, but the price is right:

Keep searching and I'm sure you'll find what you need. :)

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
155 Posts
there are 2 hoods available at this yard in NH. I don't know where in relation to you,
but easy to find things.....

E hood

also, a new one from CARID.com is $150 +135 shipping.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. Thank you very much. For some reason, my initial look online found them in the $800 range. I've been reluctant to use the site with the letter for many years now, due to various unethical people, but I feel like maybe I didn't look hard enough. Thanks for your reply and I'll try a little harder.
I was hoping there was a secret place known only to this Element club, where one could find reliable used parts!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element, 5 speed, 230k miles
44 Posts
Any chance you will be anywhere near Tennessee? I am actually going to be listing parts this week, and behold 1 thing I am listing is a new in box unpainted hood. Let me know if interested, I’m sure we could figure something out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Maximumdarkside,
Not near TN, but thank you for offering. It turns out that there actually are some decent hoods available. The hoods are actually only about $150, but painting is $500 or more.
Thank you to all who replied!

·
Registered
2011 Honda Element LX 4WD
19 Posts
Opened up your forum to see if I can help, but it looks that the E team has you covered. To add.. I would avoid internet purchase with delivery for a hood. For a metal part of that size, it gets damaged very easily. If you have done body work before, then start with your local junk yard. If that's not an option, you may want to see your local Honda dealer.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Element EX 2WD Automatic
4 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2004 orange element, and snow fell off my roof and pretty much destroyed the hood. I live in rural NH and have not been able to find anything locally. Does anyone have suggestions on how to go about finding a new hood?
Thanks very much.
mare you by any chance in California? A couple of weeks ago I got a hood from a 2003 for my 2004 from Pick and Pull because my hood was janky thanks to the previous owner.
Anyway, went to Pick and Pull and thought for sure the hood would be gone because the car had been there for a couple months, but it was just about the only thing left and it was in perfect condition!
On my drive home the hood latch failed while I was on the freeway in the wind blew my hood up shattering my windshield and denting my roof. So now my insurance it taking care of it and I have an extra hood.
If you or anyone else is interested DM me and we can talk more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts