Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a tire manufacturer making my stock tire size of 215 – 70–16 in a performance tread? Not interested in all whether not interested in all season just performance time. Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke with both Costco and tire rack and they do not make a performance tire in the stock element size the suggestion was to bump up to a 19 or 20 inch wheel which I’m not going to do so I guess I’m gonna have to suck it up and get another all season radial

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,271 Posts
I installed 225/70/16, they fit ok, and def had more grip than the stock size. Problem is not a lot of tire choices in this size.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Agree with DC99 I would go with 225 50 16, at least then you dont have to buy another set of wheels

There will be plenty of performance tires in that size including even R compound track tires if you are so inclined

Of course the overall diameter will be smaller 25 inches vs 28 inches, so you will be effectively lowering the cars ride height by one and a half inches down to about 5.5 inches, but hey that gives you a lower center of gravity to further enhance performance without even changing the suspension

The overall smaller diameter will also improve acceleration from a standstill, again another performance improvement but of course this will sacrifice a bit of highway fuel economy

The smaller diameter tire wont fill the wheel well and may look a bit small on the Element, if that matters to you at all

Otherwise go up to a 17 or 18 inch wheel, lots of choices in performance tires in those rim sizes and there are plenty of OEM 17 inch used wheels out there or aftermarket wheels to choose from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts