Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so my left rear door got little ding on it from some one opening ther door aganist it. took it to some body shops here and all the quotes ranged between $900.00- $1200.00. remembered from an infomercial a product called the Ding King. found it on the internet for $14.99+ shipping.

the total came to $24.00. so does it really work.it says it won't work on a pointed ding which was what the ding on my E resembled. well i think it was a well $24.00 spent, you decide......
photo 1 before using Ding King

photo 2 before

Ding King

Ding King contents

popper set on door

complete tool with popper inserted

after first pop

after 6th pop

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks for the info, Rick! Seems like money well spent.

I never seemed to have any problem with my 2 prior Es, but this one seems to be a ding magnet . . . I even purposely park away from other vehicles and the dings still show up! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
That does look pretty good. Looks like a good use of $25 to me....and i'm so cheap I recycle drinking straws. :wink:

·
Registered
616 Posts
My wife's 97 CRV was pretty beat up by 2005. I bought the Ding King and took out about 6-7 door dings etc. There were 2-3 that it did not work on. These were dimples or dings that had a sharp crease or pit like character.

cool job of it!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have tried the ding king on my '95 Accord V6 and it does work if you take your time and do multiple times. You did an awesome job, Rick.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great work!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey, it gets a thumbs up from pitchman Billy Mays, it's gotta work! :D Excellent job on that divot for 1/50th the cost of the high end of the estimate!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm actually suprised that it worked. Merry Christmas to me.

Darn, I think the Mom threw away my Ding King kit when she cleaned out the garage... :-(
Yeah, but did she throw out your "magazines"?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Looks like you did a fine job, and you saved some $ over a professional dent mender, but whatever that idiot Billy sells I will not buy! Can't stand the mouth on that guy.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Looks like you did a fine job, and you saved some $ over a professional dent mender, but whatever that idiot Billy sells I will not buy! Can't stand the mouth on that guy.
I have a PDR guy I go to, brought him my E twice and did an outstanding job on both dents. roughly between $90-120 per job... Rick has saved a great deal of $ with his DIY.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I also can't stand to hear Billy bob ------ but the couple items bought worked.

I'll have to find one of these Ding King kit's.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hey Twi- this reminds me of another thread :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Billy Mays could find a company that made bricks out of $hit and sell it on tv and I would buy them. And I would use them to build an outhouse. A $hithouse if you will. A brick $hithouse. In fact, a $hit-brick $hithouse. And it would be a glorious sight to see :D
Ok funnyman, I get your point. I still say Billy IS the reason that the MUTE button was invented on the TV!:D He's not Vince with the "Shamwow" but I think they both hail from the shallow end of the gene pool.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts