Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Some of the sites that list the Element accessories seem to indicate that the rear power port is already in the EX. Is this true? Can anyone comment on whether it is on the Y-Series (Canadian version of the EX) as well?

Iskie

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yep the rear power plug is on the EX, I am gonna double check something for the Canadian Y.. hang on...

http://www.hondaelement.ca/en/look-details.asp

I did take a look and it does state for the Canadian Y that the 12 volt is just for the front for both the standard & the Y version.

There is an option to get one as an accessory I know from a Honda accessory site, that might be an option for you. I had seen it before and now I do not, if you are interested let me know and I will hunt for that, or you can ask the dealer about having an outlet added to the back.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
power port AKA: 12-Volt Accessory Outlets, Front and Rear of the EX or front in the DX.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The power port is what used to be the cig lighter, without the cig lighter. You can plug in your cell phone to charge, or just about anything else that has what is called a car adapter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am still confused about the power ports. I am new to the Honda world (we bought
an Odyssey in '02 and an Element in '03.

None of my accessories that I normally use in a car (air pump, mini-generator, cell phone charger, air freshener/recycler, etc.) work in my cars anymore. Most everything I own is geared for a cigarette lighter. Where is the cigarette lighter?
Is there an adapter that converts cigarette lighter accessories to the Honda power
ports? Since Honda sells so many cars in America I would think they would sell such
an adapter, but I can't find anything. The parts department mentioned Radio Shack.
It seems strange that I would have to go third party on such devices. What exactly can I put in the port besides a cell phone, which I would still need a special adapter for it!?

Thanks in advance for any advice out there.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Carp,

The power port is the cigarette lighter. Well, it would be, if it had the ligher in it. Most car companies are moving away from having an ash tray as standard, and are just putting power outlets in. All your accessories that you used to plug into the cig lighter, will work in the power outlet. It is the same size and shape, but does not have the pull out (pop out) device that you would use to light your cigarette with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts