·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,402 Posts
According to edmunds.com (based on zip), private party starts at almost $17k (tradein at $15,7), with the addition of mileage and usual dealer conditioning of about $1400. My first concern would be with accidents (check CARFAX), but, why does it have less than 12k in 2 years? :confused::shock::)
If all those turn out OK, then - (IMHO) JUMP on it!! My son, who just bought an '04 SOP :D, saw an 06 EX-P for less than $14k, so, they are out there. :razz::razz:

Good luck in your search....... :cool::)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
ditto - check CarFax, and then jump on it. CarMax has a pretty good rep. Anything iffy, like being in a major accident and getting rebuilt - they wholesale out - they don't put them on their lots. Likely a second car for a stay-at-home wife who just used it to pick up groceries. My wif'e's car is like that. She teaches at a school that is half-a-mile from our house - puts less than 4K miles a year on her car.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Engine cover looks a little beat up. May or may not indicate how well it was treated.

Like everyone else said and maybe have a mechanic check it out.

good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been looking at this car as well because the price does seem great. You can look at the AutoCheck history on Carmax's site. It checks out clean. I'm not sure if AutoCheck is as good as good as Carfax but they have buyback protection as well. I think the car has just been sitting on the lot a while and they marked it as last chance in order to move it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,402 Posts
FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!:razz:
HEY!! Where's your Christmas spirit??!! :confused::???::-D

Oh, nevermind, get the claws out (no pun intended) and GET THAT E!! :twisted::evil:

·
Moderator Eh?
12,108 Posts
Engine cover looks a little beat up. May or may not indicate how well it was treated.

Like everyone else said and maybe have a mechanic check it out.

good luck

Looking at the close up of the engine cover you can see drops of watrer. That tells me the pictures were taken right after it was cleaned up and there is still residue from whatever they used to clean the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No fight guys...sorry. I'm a few months away from buying so there won't be any competition from me.

A question though...

Being in Denver, CO leaves me very limited as to my options for purchasing a used E. When I look on Autotrader.com, cars.com or carmax.com there are cars with features I'm looking for but they happen to be in other parts of the country. I know that carmax.com will ship the car to me for a fee. Is this something I can do with other dealers or even arrange for privately? If so, how much can I exect to pay and are there any companies you'd recommend?

Forgive me if these are stupid questions, but having just moved here from London, England it's not something I've ever had to consider and my wife has no experience in these matters.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
it's at a Carmax..... red flag right there....
hmmmm.... around here Carmax has a great reputation. Pays top-dollar for cars they buy from the public (way more than local Dealers offer on trade-in), and stand behind the cars they put on the lot. Several friends have bought there, and all have had good experiences, and any issues (always minor) with the cars they bought were immediately taken care of at no charge. Have you had problems with Carmax??? :?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's cheap, but not amazingly cheap. Cars are not selling well in many parts of the country, and Manheim auction prices are way below what Edmunds is saying. I've had three dealers this week come down about $3k off of their asking price for used Elements. IMO, there are deals to be had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts