Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced my air filter with a champ brand filter. It was replacing a wix and I have to say that the champ filter fits much better than any other filter I've used. I think the dementions are perfect and it fits snugly on the piece in the airbox that holds the filter. The wix was not near as snug. The champ also has a metal cage around the outside which makes it more stiff and probably keeps big pieces of gunk out of the filter. I really think you guys should try one on your next air filter change. The best part is it was only $6.99 at the autoparts store by my house!!

Has anyone else used a filter with a cage around it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
How come the Element and 2nd/3rd Cr-v have the same motor, and similar things, but the air boxes are different, YET the filters are exactly the same?

·
12,180 Posts
How come the Element and 2nd/3rd Cr-v have the same motor, and similar things, but the air boxes are different, YET the filters are exactly the same?
Same reason the 1997-2001 CRV and 1996-2000 Civic EX use the same air filter.......Your guess is as good as mine.....

Alot of Honda share filters but have different air filter housing designs.

The 2006+ Civic Si and the 2007+ E's use the same filter as well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 2006 is the cylinder type. OEM has no wire grid on the outside but a metal grid on the inside.

Hmm, maybe they switched in 07 then?? I dont know, mine is a 05. The pic is of a engine air filter. This one just has a metal screen outside and inside. Most I think just have the metal on the inside. Does the filters you guys use lock into place when you put them in? The wix I had dident.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My next air filter is a K&N that I got off craigs list for $25.00. And the guy did not want to mess with putting two sets of cabin filters on there so he threw them in for the same price to get them out of his garage.

Ryan - name of the parts store?

jeff

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wow thats an awsome deal! Its called costless autoparts. Its a huge store off of 500 here in Vancouver. They have the best prices on most stuff and a lot of hard to find stuff like amsoil products, redline ect.

http://www.costlessautoparts.net/

I go to the one listed as the Orchards store. They sell the whole line of those champ filters. They are also very helpfull and dont have the holyer than thow parts store attitude.

Also just some info for you. When I change my filter I use a slightly damp cloth and wipe out the entire air box. When you do that most of the time an attachment of some kind comes off of the air intake hose past the filter. Im not sure what it is maybe someone else can chime in. Some times it even comes off when your just takeing the filter out if you move the air box lid really far out of the way. You want to make sure and reattach that to your air intake hose otherwise you'll be letting dirtly air into your system past the filter. I had my oil changed once at oil can henrys and they always take your filter out to show you what it looks like to try and sell you a new one and sure enough when I got home that was disconnected. Just something to remember.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts