Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont understand...I have had two different chips in my windshield within just one week. Is that just my luck or is that a known thing to happen on the element.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's common. Mine looks like swiss cheese with all the little clam shell pits in it. The windshield is pretty straight up and down so when rocks hit they tend to chip instead of glance off. I think the glass is not that great either, I hit a shopping cart in a dark parking lot at the mall one night in my old pathfinder and it came up over the hood and hit the windshield and nothing happened.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Yup... I agree with TangBoy... Do either of you have a front deflector on your hood...? Just wondering... Another owner Eclectic707 is on his 2nd windshield from just his chips... He's a 2nd-owner and has had bad luck with his bumpers as well as his glass... Get the windshield option in your insurance policy and sleep better at night...!

LBD

PS: C_S, noticed you're a new E... Go to the "Greets & Intros" section and post your pics so you could get your "official" EOC welcome... Nice job on the Profile too...!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Bad luck...................cause you took so long to buy one

Actually the answer you seek is above (straight (almost) up windshield)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Unfortunately, the windshield slope angle is too high with our E's that even small debris makes the impact much harder unlike an aeorodynamic windshield which makes the impact force lesser. My windshield is not OEM as I noticed it the other day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts