Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share. I have a husky and collie/husky mix and after every trip to the dog park I feel as if I'm inhaling fur. But I have a solution that I thought I'd share just in case no one has discovered it.

Open your windows all the way while traveling down the freeway at 70. Hair gets vaccuumed out the window and you're good to go! Though I do wonder what it looks like to people driving behind or beside me though.... Anyway, who cares?

Oh, and have some pictures of my pups. :D

Hope everyone's doing good out there!

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Gorgeous pups! I'm partial to the wolfish looks, especially Huskies, Samoyeds and Malamutes.

Yeah, the fur does fly when the windows are open. Unfortunately, not all of it makes it out the window and seems there's often one or two that adheres to my contacts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have the dog hair issue and I find that if you open the rear and then use a leaf blower from the front, its better than a vacuum!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Now the problem is getting all that hair off your seats! I have a Beagle and his hair is everywhere in the E, I bought this rubber/foam like block from Petco and it doesn't really work:x I'm going to try the Pledge auto hair remover thing and see how that does. I do like your tip though:grin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, some of the dog hair does get sucked out with the windows open, but not from the seats, unfortunately! My Basset is honey and white and the white hair is the worst on the seats. I want to try one of the Scotch fur fighters for the car, but I haven't found one yet, only the refills.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
Our American Bulldog has (mostly) white fur and is constantly shedding. We ended up buying a Furminator (available on Amazon for less that $30 for the large) and it works great!! No, it doesn't STOP the shedding, but it cuts down on how much is left around the house. It also works well on chair cushions for fur removal (haven't tried in on car seats, after chewing on our other cars interior, she's NOT allowed in the E). :roll::taz:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts