Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been seizing every moment to spend time outside lately. When Hobbes (dog) and I were arriving home this evening I couldn't pass up the chance to grab a shot of him in all of his post hiking glory. I debated all last year about getting him a dog pack but I finally bit the bullet this year and it has been great having him carry his own water, food, and plastic bags. He is sporting the new Ruffwear Approach pack in Green (cough.......Kiwi....cough) but it also comes in Blue. The adjustments and fit are fantastic and he has really taken to it. He knows when he sees it that it is time to go get dirty and there is nothing better than a happy (dirty) dog.

Soooo........ what tells your dog that it is trail time?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Nice pack! Even nicer dog!

Happy Trails. -g

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thats so cool...bet he feels more important now...
I can't imagine my dog with one on :rolleyes: It would have to be a mini version~

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
How much weight does the pack carry safely and how much weight does your dog carry? (on each side)
In relationship to that, how much does your dog weigh?

I'd like to get one of these. Although my last dog was twice the size of my present dog, it's still a good idea.

jurn

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much weight does the pack carry safely and how much weight does your dog carry? (on each side)
In relationship to that, how much does your dog weigh?

I'd like to get one of these. Although my last dog was twice the size of my present dog, it's still a good idea.

jurn
Ruffwear states that dogs are capable of carrying a pack that is up to 1/3 of their weight. Hobbes is about 45lbs (soaking wet) so he is small for his breed. He usually carries about 6lbs including two 1 liter water bottles, food, bags, and collapsible bowls for food and water. I started him out lighter by using two 16 oz. bottles instead of the liter bottles.

They make a wide array of sizes. Hobbes is a small and though I toyed with the idea of getting him a medium, the small is a much better fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts