Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I do. My 45lb Siberian husky barely fits in the crate though. It's definately a crate for medium and smaller dogs. I do wish the fan would work when the car is off, but that's an issue with the outlet and not the fan. The all weather mats are nice and the rear seat cover is cool too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
....I do wish the fan would work when the car is off, but that's an issue with the outlet and not the fan....

There's a mod in the DIY section to make that outlet work without the ignition on.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hopefully they do sell them separately as I also want them but do not want most of the kit. There is a kit being sold on Ebay right now for 690 I think.

·
Registered
836 Posts
i've been tempted to buy the kit and part out what i dont want, but im not sure how expensive it would make my items.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I do. My 45lb Siberian husky barely fits in the crate though. It's definately a crate for medium and smaller dogs. I do wish the fan would work when the car is off, but that's an issue with the outlet and not the fan. The all weather mats are nice and the rear seat cover is cool too.
Good to know I just got a pure breed Husky today. (i have two boxer too....i dont like the ram thing... dogs jump in on their own...rams more for smaller dogs i would think.) i would get a carrier crate instead but easier.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just put mine in over the weekend. My dog seems to prefer sitting in the backseat rather than the kennel :|

I dunno how many of you put the package in yourself but those seat covers were a PITA to get on. They do look durable though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Am I the only one with the dog kit who didn't know you were to send in a card to get the leash and bag? I was waiting to take it back to the dealer for the first oil change to ask them where the rest of my stuff was.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah the card is in the little manual that you get with the kit. I just sent it last week so I'm waiting for mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We just bought one of the very few 2011 Elements EX left for our Border Collies! They love it so far. The Dog Kit mats sound nice, but before ordering them, I wanted to know: what do they cover exactly: the front and middle of the car? or cargo area as well? Anyone could let me know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It doesn't cover the cargo area, just the front and back seats. The kennel has a raised floor made out of heavy duty plastic that the bed attaches to but not a floor mat. Got mine last week and love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those of you interested in just the Dog Friendly emblems, several of the online Honda parts/dealerships sell the individual pieces of the Dog Friendly kit. So you can order just the emblems, if you want them.

I just ordered a complete kit. I was primarily interested in the rear seat covers, the fan, and the ramp for my two older Corgis, but found a deal for the entire package that was cheaper than the individual parts.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
41 Posts
For those of you interested in just the Dog Friendly emblems, several of the online Honda parts/dealerships sell the individual pieces of the Dog Friendly kit. So you can order just the emblems, if you want them.

I just ordered a complete kit. I was primarily interested in the rear seat covers, the fan, and the ramp for my two older Corgis, but found a deal for the entire package that was cheaper than the individual parts.

Best Regards,
Thanks for the info GreyWolf!
I have a corgi mix. Would love to get some of the dog stuff for my Element!

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your looking for some of the Dog Friendly stuff, it doesn't take long to add up. That's what I found. Then, I saw the post regarding the Dog Friendly Packages being offered by Honda Part World for $315, and it was a no brainer decision for me.

They still have stock left, so if your considering any of the individual pieces, compare them to the HPW deal. Granted, there is a $114 UPS shipping charge from the northern left coast to the southern right coast, but it was still way cheaper than getting them from the dealer that is 2 miles from me. They wanted $800. And while everything may not fit your E perfectly, some of the items you might just turn around and sell out individually, bring the cost down even more.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Is $430 a total best price still or cheaper?
Is that for the entire kit??
The rear seat covers, front and rear all weather doggie mats, ramp, fan,
kennel, dripless water bowl, exterior badges and the "extras" kit??? If it
is the entire kit, that is a really good price, less than half of full retail.

Do it!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts