Side badge:

Backseat covers:

Front mat (dirty already):

Rear mat:

Palmer in the crate:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sweet!!! Looks good! How does your pup like riding back there?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's used to it, had a crate in my Touareg before the E. He does like the fan though, as you can see, he can get quite hot easily.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
it looks like the crate isn't quite high enough for them to look out the back window. I like everything except the crate. Not too crazy on putting my pups in the crumple zone.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
He's used to it, had a crate in my Touareg before the E. He does like the fan though, as you can see, he can get quite hot easily.
Show some pictures of the FAN................

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
who let the dogs out ?

Really nice stuff !Some questions , I hope you don't mind answering ....
1.Does the rear mat go from behind the front seats to the tailgate ?
2.Does your dog use the ramp ?
3.Was it included on your vehicle or did you order it ?
4.Are you happy with it ?
5.Optional ..Did you pay $995 for it complete ?

Thanks looks great !
RUBY

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really nice stuff !Some questions , I hope you don't mind answering ....
1.Does the rear mat go from behind the front seats to the tailgate ?
2.Does your dog use the ramp ?
3.Was it included on your vehicle or did you order it ?
4.Are you happy with it ?
5.Optional ..Did you pay $995 for it complete ?

Thanks looks great !
RUBY
1. The rear mat goes all the way under the rear seats to the start of the cargo area and right up to the front seats. No cargo area coverage.

2. No, my dog does not need the ramp, he's still a young'un. I used the area where the ramp goes for storage now, like towels and such. But the ramp is nice, folds up nicely to fit under the crate.

3. It's a dealer installed option that I ordered when I purchased my 2010. I had to go back about a week later to have it installed.

4. The fan is a little loud, but works well. I wish it would run when the car is off though, they should have added a small rechargable battery to the unit that could run for a set amount of time after the car is tunred off for when I need to run into the store really quick.

The floor mats are heavy duty and really high quality. The crate material and pad is also heavy duty, the no-spill water bowl does work as advertised too. The rear seat covers are a neoprene material and look good. I wish it would have came with front ones too. The kit also came with a collar, leash, id tag (with no id, strange, I'll have to find a local engraver), poop bag dispenser and a tote bag that are shipped to you later. The stand the crate is attached to ties into the cargo hooks so everything is tight. The crate I had in my Touareg just sat in the bag, loose, so sometimes it would slide around and bounce a lot over bumps.

My dog is a 45lb siberian husky (basically a medium sized dog) and can barely just stand up in the crate. I think honda kept the crate low to allow visibility for the driver. So I'd think the package is pretty limiting for crate use.

5. I ended up paying $860 for it at the dealer. Worth it? Based on my requirements, I think so. It was nice just to have everything all in one package that's fitted to the element.

I would have done a couple things a little different though, like make the crate pad a little thinner or raise the crate top about two inches (even if it sacrifices visibility). I would have included front seat covers, but I can see why they did rear only, maybe for people who don't want to use the crate and have their dogs hang out on the back seat.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Great Pic's

Thanks for the pic's they are far better than you find anywhere else. I had seen the dog package and was interested, BUT, my boy Butkus is about 50pounds over the 80 pound limit for the ramp, can step in easily without it, and is far to big for the carrier. I really like the fan though!!:grin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Matting

I just got my Element on Sunday and the dog has already broken it in! I really want that matting with the bones and hope someday they will sell it seperately. Don't need the other things, except I would love FRONT seat covers with paws.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got my Element on Sunday and the dog has already broken it in! I really want that matting with the bones and hope someday they will sell it seperately. Don't need the other things, except I would love FRONT seat covers with paws.
I agree, I wish honda would have made matching front seat covers. The bone print mats are great too and honda should have also make a bone print cargo liner to match.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I agree, I wish honda would have made matching front seat covers. The bone print mats are great too and honda should have also make a bone print cargo liner to match.
Nice pics...! Maybe see if one of the site sponsors who do the mats...? They are able to do cut-outs and maybe get the image you want...? I think that would be the ULTIMATE Dog-Mobile if you do...!

As far as seat covers are concerned, you'll have to be careful of the airbags within the seats...! I know it's doable... Rymo926 got his seats recovered entirely in leather for $300...

Keep us updated...! We love mods like this...!!!

LBD

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive.

Fan:
Thanks, I may need to see if they sell this seperate - would be a nice addition to the DOGTAXI................

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really don't mean to be a downer...but I just don't get this dog package. Seems like the fluff to substance ratio, is way out of whack. I'm seeing better options for every one of the components.

For example, the fan - I'm sure it's nice, but it takes up space in an area I already use for the dogs. Leashes/collars and rags are stuffed in those cubbies in mine, and having anything partially blocking access is something I'd be leary of.

If one needs a 12V dog fan - I'll suggest something that works wonderfully on my boat, that has tons of great feedback from mariners all over the world. The Caframo 747 fan.

It's pretty cheap, is whisper quiet and puts out a ton of air with very little current draw. The blades are soft, causing no harm to anyone/anything that touches it while running. The suction cup is insanely strong, and once attached to glass it's not coming off until you want it to. The ability to stick it on any glass within reach of the rear outlet, combined with the fan head adjustability, allows it to direct air virtually anywhere you want - not just one spot in the back.

The above being said...I can't totally rain on everyone's parade, without being somewhat of a hypocrite. My wife wants the external dog stickers something fierce... ;)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ouch

Looks like that Caframo 747 would hurt my snout something awful !!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe one of those caged ones are better suited ?

RUBY

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like that Caframo 747 would hurt my snout something awful !!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe one of those caged ones are better suited ?
Heh...I know it looks bad, but it really isn't. You can stick your finger (or paw) in the thing even when it's running on the high setting, and you barely feel a thing. The blades are super soft and flexible, and there's just very little torque from the tiny motor. And if you look closely, you'll notice the tips of the blades are not solid - there's a very thin strip that adds even more flex and cushion when touched.

My dogs, would be surprised if they "nosed" it - but certainly not hurt, it wouldn't leave a scratch. For my hounds, such an action would fall into the category of "canine life experiences" - they'd do it once, then remember not to do it again. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts