Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my Landcruiser for an Element two years ago, The element is so, so very much a better car for me and my family. The only thing that I really miss are the sliding windows that my landcruiser had on the back sides of the car so the pooch could hang out his head.
Has anyone seen a modification to the Element to install these, or can my local autoglass company create them for me? Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Which do you want to modify, the small windows on the doors that currently pop open about an inch, or the big panels in back? And who misses the opening windows, you or the dog? Has he been complaining?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Speerimental;
I totally agree. I wish wish wish those rear windows would roll down, so does my retriever...
I made a small ****ty effort to make them easier to remove, but it didn't work out so well. I wish there was a solution...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I put up a small 12v fan I bought at autozone for less than $30 for my mutt it dose a pretty good job of keeping the air moving around back there

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Interesting idea. I haven't heard of anyone doing this but I don't see why a good glass guy couldn't fabricate something up.

Don't know if it would be worth the cost (to me anyway) but it does sound do-able.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
FWIW, when I was speaking with an associate at the East Liberty plant last June, we discussed the rear window roll down option, and he made it very clear that there was plenty of room there to build a mount for the motor and frame for the window track, and wondered why no one has tried it before. This would be the coolest mod of the year!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would love to roll down or remove the back door windows, and open or flip out the back windows. I spend a lot of time with all windows open and the sunroof removed. I like a lot of air movement!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Some minivan windows pop out, but they probably have 3 rows of seating, and the rear windows do not wrap around the back corner (as the Element's do).

Doesn't the open (or removed) skylight provide enough air circulation in the far back?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts