Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Has anyone done the dog friendly upgrades?? Do they exist??
In my travels I have seen a totally decked out dog Element, it was in Lodi,Ca.
I inquired about buying the fan in the back and the salesman didn't have a clue, then I pointed out the dog badging and a couple of other things about the dog friendly one to him. So they do exist, but I am not sure if you can get accesories from the package, I haven't found any.
My four legged furry boy Butkus is to big for the small soft crate that resides behind the seats and he is to heavy for the 80 pound limit for the ramp. He doesn't need it anyhow:-D

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
One other thing is the one for the Element fits right in the back right side storage area.
Very nice fit to.
Very true! The one made for the dog package does have a cleaner look. Shame they will not sell each part separately. :-( I figured I could just clip this one to the back pocket and adjust the direction as needed. I know I found one once at Wal Mart but could not find it on their site.

http://www.12voltaccessoryoutlet.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=774&idcategory=61

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Very true! The one made for the dog package does have a cleaner look. Shame they will not sell each part separately. :-( I figured I could just clip this one to the back pocket and adjust the direction as needed. I know I found one once at Wal Mart but could not find it on their site.

http://www.12voltaccessoryoutlet.com/catalog/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=774&idcategory=61

I just checked with 2 local parts departments and they don't sell any parts of the dog package seperatley, :x Damn it!

I will be getting one of the others on the link.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
We've told Honda several times that they could sell a ton of the individual parts if they'd offer them that way but they have no plans to do it.

-Trevor

Genuine Factory Honda Element Accessories
DAMN THEM CORPORATE BOGARTS!!:x IT'S NOT LIKE WE WANT THEM FOR FREE!! OK WE WOULD LOVE THEM FOR FREE, BUT WE ARE WILLING TO PAY!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen accessory kits on eBay that sell the entire Dog Friendly Kit.

I was wondering, though, if anyone knows if everything in the Dog Friendly package is pretty compatible with Elements that are pre-2010. I've got a 2006 and would really love to purchase one of the kits for the kennel, floor mats, seat covers, and fan...but wonder if they'll all fit properly with little (or no) alterations on my behalf.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I've seen accessory kits on eBay that sell the entire Dog Friendly Kit.

I was wondering, though, if anyone knows if everything in the Dog Friendly package is pretty compatible with Elements that are pre-2010. I've got a 2006 and would really love to purchase one of the kits for the kennel, floor mats, seat covers, and fan...but wonder if they'll all fit properly with little (or no) alterations on my behalf.
I don't think they've changed the location of the 12v rear outlet so that corner/bin-fitting fan should have no clearance issues...

If I were wanting to sell the Dog Kit to another Element owner, how could I go about doing that?
Read the rules for posting (click HERE)... Start a thread and post it for sale in the Trading Post section (click HERE)... If its a direct sale, use the PM function in the buyer's page... Hope this helps...!

LBD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts