Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evil. Pure evil.

Thank goodness some good people in and out of law enforcement are fighting for the dogs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090709/ap_on_re_us/us_dogfighting_raids_4

350 dogs seized in dogfighting raids in 5 states

ST. LOUIS – As many as 350 dogs were seized and about 30 people arrested during raids in five states Wednesday that animal welfare groups are calling the largest simultaneous raid of dogfighting operations in the U.S.

U.S. attorneys in four of the states announced related indictments accusing 26 people of cruelties ranging from denying animals medical treatment to shooting dogs in the head when they didn't fight well, then throwing their carcasses into a river or burning them in a barrel.

Task forces of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies conducted the raids and made arrests in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Texas and Oklahoma following a more than year-long investigation prompted by information gathered by the Humane Society of Missouri. It wasn't clear whether or to what extent the operations were related.

... Dogfighting is banned throughout the United States and is a felony in 50 states. A law enacted two years ago increased penalties for activities that promote or encourage animal fighting after a long campaign by animal-welfare groups.

Wayne Pacelle, president and chief executive officer of the Humane Society of the United States, said dogfighting operations typically are not small acts of animal cruelty, but part of organized criminal networks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Chalk one up for the good guys! Hopefully the one good thing to come from the Micheal Vick case was attention to this crime by law enforcement.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Amen. And i cant believe that complete waste of a human being is out and in his house right now.
House today, NFL stadium tomorrow. It's a crying shame. Gambling (which is legal) gets you kicked out for life (Pete Rose) but apparently killing dogs allows you to continue your multi-million dollar career.

·
Registered
155 Posts
^^^ b/c killing dogs doesn't affect "the sanctity of the game" :rolleyes:

some people are wastes of space. this is one example.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
The State and Federal laws regulating the heinous act of dog fighting is not strong enough.

I believe that the forfeiture of properties that dog fighting occurs on should be included and written into the existing laws.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
The State and Federal laws regulating the heinous act of dog fighting is not strong enough.

I believe that the forfeiture of properties that dog fighting occurs on should be included and written into the existing laws.
I second that.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hear hear let me fourth that! One of my favorite quotes (in case you missed my signature line) -

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers

mainly because I don't care where the humans go.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Amen. And i cant believe that complete waste of a human being is out and in his house right now.
Hell there's currently a molesting singer who paid his way out of the charges being portrayed as a glorified hero...maybe you've seen it on TV :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hell there's currently a molesting singer who paid his way out of the charges being portrayed as a glorified hero...maybe you've seen it on TV :rolleyes:
I got into a snit on that point with a friend this week. She's a lawyer who says he was never convicted. I asked if she'd have entrusted her kids with him. I have proudly not wasted even a nano-second viewing that sorry spectacle these past couple weeks. Would rather watch the Weather Channel.

While rooting on the convictions of dog and child-abusing creeps, we have to remind ourselves that most people are good and most dogs are loved by their owners.

But too many are not and we need to fight for their protection.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
From my personal experience, I've found a lot of people who don't treat their dogs well do so out of ignorance. For most of them, it's just how they were taught when they were young and they were never told different or educated on it. I get compliments from people all the time on how well-behaved my dogs are compared to theirs, and I always ask how they care for their dogs. I'd say 80+% of the time their dog is treated like a kid (spoiled, not disciplined or exercised, expected to learn like a human child, babied) or an appliance (care done like periodic maintenance) and not like a...DOG.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've come across too many people that put their dogs in the backyard and forget about them, then expect them to behave when in a social situtation.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
I've come across too many people that put their dogs in the backyard and forget about them, then expect them to behave when in a social situtation.
To me that's the appliance method - you give them food, water, and toilet and they're good for another 24 hours. It's just like a car - remember most people only do the minimum maintenance to their cars or tools or appliances to just keep them running, not running WELL.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
207 Posts
To me that's the appliance method - you give them food, water, and toilet and they're good for another 24 hours. It's just like a car - remember most people only do the minimum maintenance to their cars or tools or appliances to just keep them running, not running WELL.
You're exactly right Twi....dangit now I'm on the list LOL.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts