1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don't let our "dedicated" representatives in Washington know this or for sure they will place a tax on vet office visits, pet toys, pet food, etc.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I always thought they should tax people that have kids and give rebates to those that choose pets instead.:grin::garfield::eek:die:
My thoughts at times, especially when I am in a restaurant with someone's child screaming or hanging over my back....A fussy baby is one thing, but a child being bratty is another.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
My thoughts at times, especially when I am in a restaurant with someone's child screaming or hanging over my back....A fussy baby is one thing, but a child being bratty is another.
I went to see Avatar in 3-D this past Sunday, I can NEVER get through a movie without a bratty kid ruining it for me, I was doing good until 1/2 way through the movie a woman comes in with a 2 & 3yr old and sits right in front of me! The 3yr old stayed backwards through the rest of movie grabbing my foot and talking to me and throwing her 3-D glasses on the floor in front of me:x All the mom did was every 3 seconds say "ssshhh", "ssshhh", "ssshhhh"

I'd rather they let dogs in the movies:)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm sure there is a study for almost anything having a high carbon footprint and a way to manipulate it so that you can get the results that you want. The whole global warming thing to me is B.S. Sure we need to take care of our environment but looking back at history I do not feel like we are in any type of danger.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have attached an article that claims dogs are a main cause of Global Warming
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220/sc_afp/lifestyleclimatewarminganimalsfood

I smell another tax coming on.......................
Well, I can sometimes smell my two French Bulldogs coming. :-D

When either of them lets some "global warming" gas go, eyes water, nose-hair curls, and the room clears. :lol:

If I lit a match right then, I'm sure I'd blow all the windows out of my house. :razz:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Granny Smith Apple
2,593 Posts
I'm sure there is a study for almost anything having a high carbon footprint and a way to manipulate it so that you can get the results that you want.
I agree, data is manipulated all the time. And what about the comfort and relaxation dogs bring to the sick and elderly, I bet that reduces medical bills.
Where is the data collected for that? And what about all the food cows eat?

And what about the square footage cows take up, we could be planting grains there instead and have it cost less. :roll:
This article pissed me off, (being a dog lover and all)
I also agree with jojo, we should be able to take dogs instead of kids to the movies.....lol:twisted:

jurn

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
The whole global warming thing to me is B.S. Sure we need to take care of our environment but looking back at history I do not feel like we are in any type of danger.
Thanks for taking a look back at history for me. Now I feel a lot more safe. I wish all of these scientists would just do studies like you.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Maybe we can start a dog gas consortium and sell it to fuel power plants with 100% green power?

Or am I the only one with green dog farts floating around the house?

·
Registered
4,214 Posts

The writing's on the wall: one household, one Yorkie.

Gidget's laying here, showing her belly and four massive carbon paw prints.

365 Greenies a year, regular size + food + treats + shampoo + conditioner + vaccines + meds + trips to the vet.

I'll have to buy an Amazon rain forest to offset all that carbon.

Thinking of the polar bears, adrift on ice, wandering into the paths of calving icebergs, it's so affected me this evening that I ate a spinach salad with organic walnuts.

Am going to wipe the bowl out with snow so as not to cause the hot water heater to consume more energy.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Maybe we can start a dog gas consortium and sell it to fuel power plants with 100% green power?

Or am I the only one with green dog farts floating around the house?

I'm looking forward to dreaming of airborne green globules.

The Gidg does not pass gas. One word: yogurt. She gets a dollop with breakfast.

Well, there was one incident when she was a baby. She was walking down the sidewalk in front of me, and tooted.

She spun around to see what happened.

A precious memory.

:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts