Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed about a month ago that when I get into my E and the dome light comes on there is a very low buzz that comes from the light. As soon as it goes off the buzzing stops. It dosn't really bother me because it is not on when I am driving, but I am just curious if anyone knows what might be causing it? I do have a lot of electronics hooked up in my Element (Just read my signature).

Anyways thanks, bored at work and thinkin of my E!

ExOxM

·
MØÐΣ®ΔTΩ®
3,749 Posts
I think it has something to do with the dome light's "fade out" feature. If you remove the lens and rotate the bulb in its place, it will "settle" in it's contatcs and stop buzzing. I know it sounds bizarre, but it actually works.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Mine has done that scince the day I got it. Never worried about it, just figure it's another quirck in an quicky car.:) If any thinks there is a problem, let us know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dome Light

Well I hope i am not being picky, but Iwhen I get in our E and colse the door, the dome light goes off but it makes a quiet buzzing noise. No biggie but I just wondered if anyone else has this problem. We are bringing in the truck for Maintenance tomorow as we missed last weeks appointment, ill get them to take a look. Otherwise I have found the E to be problem free(2 broken front windshields don't count)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
AZTECS_R_UGLIER said:
Well I hope i am not being picky, but Iwhen I get in our E and colse the door, the dome light goes off but it makes a quiet buzzing noise. No biggie but I just wondered if anyone else has this problem. We are bringing in the truck for Maintenance tomorow as we missed last weeks appointment, ill get them to take a look. Otherwise I have found the E to be problem free(2 broken front windshields don't count)
PROBLEM? PROBLEM? What you don't like your car to sing to you? Whatisthematterwithyou?

;-) Mine does that too. I don't think it's a problem.:smile:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I must admit that it doesnt really bother me, my wife and I just sy its our E's personality trying to buzz through. Im glad we arent the only ones that it hapens too though, makes me feel a little more sane.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mosquito Buzzing Dome Light

You are not alone... Mine started buzzing after about 3 months of ownership and I truly thought it was a mosquito in the car until I figured out that the sound coincidentally "disappeared" when the dome light went out. Others have posted that they've had the same issue.

It wasn't a big nuisance, but I recently swapped out my dome light bulbs for cluster LED's! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dome Light

My 2006 E made the same buzzing noise and it turned to be drawing power all the time. Did not drive the E for 5 days and battery went dead. It turned out to be a loose connection within the dome light. Have it fixed
cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interior Light Buzzing

I just got my E last week (04 EX) and I've noticed that my interior light (the one you can set to come on when the door's opened) has a high-pitched buzz when it's on. But the weird thing is it only does it when the door's closed. If I open the door, it stops. Close the door again, buzzing.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this and how to fix it?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Make sure the switch next to it is seated solidly in a desired position. Other than that...hmmm.. remove the bulb. ???

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine does this too. I always forget to mention this when I take the car in for oil changes at the dealer!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Buzzing light

Mine also.

But I thought It was the alarm remote. It goes off when the timer quits.

Do you have the Factory alarm or an Aftermarket?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Mine has done this from day one. At first I thought it was a new voice in my head I was hearing......but the other voices told me to ignore it, so I do.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
If it's buzzing answer it ! :D

It's the dimming mechanism that does that. It contains a timer of sorts that turns off the light. Many of the car's ( read other brands ) that have that feature do it. Our MB SL 500 does it as well.

Dom

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dome Light Buzz

Has anyone experienced a very slight buzzing sound when first entering the vehicle and the dome light is on? Once the key is turned to the accessory position, the buzzing stops. The E is basically new at 6,000 miles.
Thanks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I wondered the same thing when I heard that but when I relizied it was the dome light going off I didn't think twice about it....it's normal.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts