Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 E. Here's how the dome lights work for me. I open the door when it's dark out and I'm busy with messing with something when the lights go out. Then the only way to turn them on is to...close the door. :? Or turn them on manually.

What I'd like is for the light to stay on with the door being open. If I want to leave the door open with the light off I can switch it off, but this is far less likely. I have an AGM battery that is unlikely to be phased by hours of leaving the door open.

I saw the neato mod for linking the dome lights, which I also plan to do. Wondered if there was a way to stop playing hide-and-seek while I was in there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
that drives me nuts too.. i linked my dome lights already and it is awesome! but i too would like to see if your question has a solution.

ME = Interested

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I have a similar mod on my E' and it's makes getting things done at night so much easier.8)Yet it's been quite sometime ago since I actually did that mod,I don't really remember the exact details of my install.lol:lol: Although I do remember using a relay,diode and a round rocker switch.More than likely when the weather clears up a little,I'll be working on various electrical projects on my E' and when I do,I'll check out exactly how I accomplished that mod and I'll be sure to get back to you guys.8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts