Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 EX has 320K miles on it. It always been serviced by the dealer except for oil changes elsewhere. It’s been doing a hesitation / clunk lately and the check engine light popped on the other day. Apparently the fuel filler neck is rotted and the transmission is shifting itself into neutral so is on its way out. Luckily I have a 2011 with 50K sitting in the driveway to move into, I’m just trying to figure out what to do with the old one. Would anyone even want it or should I just donate it for the (tiny) tax break? I’m in the Washington, DC area if that makes any difference. I can’t take any pictures at the moment, unfortunately, but it’s Sunset Orange Pearl, just recently detailed, and overall in good shape aside from the minor dings accumulated over 17 years of driving.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I would definitely put it up for sale... you never know what value it might have to someone.
List it as accurately as you can, no harm in putting time into finding out if it belongs elsewhere...

I bought a wrecked 07 SC just for the 250k tired engine and manual trans-axle (for an off-road project) and it came with some larger diameter stock wheels to put on Zippy (my daily)...

🤷‍♂️

-brad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts