Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping for element for 2 weeks, most of the dealers have it in stock now or they have shippment coming in. Dealers try to sell it at Mark up price and tell you about how long the waiting list is... DON"T believe them, I have shop in multiple dealers and they all say the same thing... but as soon as you getting into negotation, they sell anything they have on the lot. I still can't decide what color I want... but I do suggest you to go to different honda dealers to shop around, and most of them willing to sell at the window price or lower.

For Honda owners, you understand that you are paying Accord's price (excellent features) for a Civic (plain)... but we all buying the look...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. We've been shopping for one this past week and dealers are selling them at MSRP. Nothing more or less...so don't over pay.

Will probably buy one tomorrow...not sure how long the wait is though. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have consistently been getting the price of $21310 for an element EX 4x4, which includes the $460 Destination Charge. I have also noticed the dealers charging considerably more to install optional equipment than the price I got off the Honda website.

I am buying an Element, and I am planning on having aftermarket options installed. For the ammount the Honda dealer wanted for remote keyless entry, I can get it installed by a premium aftermarket shop for less, including a remote starter. I am also planning on a Delphi XM radio system.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Alement,

I have XM Radio on my other car, but my wife and I are talking about putting it in the element. If you do, please let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I almost paid the premium about $1500. After I read your article, then went to shop around again.... I am getting the car today, and it's MSRP - $750 4WD EX $21310-750 = 20560 plus, the dealer is willing to sell me the accories at cost (60% as he said).

I am so glad I check out this club first

·
Registered
24 Posts
Our dealer here in Idaho wanted to get $2,000.00 above MSRP for theirs. I advised them that I had bought 2 other Hondas from them in January and they would only drop price down to MSRP. Here the dealers always seem to get MSRP if you want the vehicle.

·
Registered
608 Posts
WOW, $2000 over sound real high. I would guess that is because they are in such demand, and such short supply.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yikes yeah that is excessive.. but I know dealers like that not far from here.

When I was checking out the CRV early last year, i had a variety of responses in the tri-state area, A was the lowest, B was close.. but willing to work with it.. C was Convinced it was impossible for no one to be lower, yet they were the highest in DE, D was just obnoxious and high.. E was high and tried to work with the idea.. he offered me to buy the vehicle and get extras elsewhere, when i said the base price was higher than even the highest in DE he said nothing more and vanished.. hummm...

This is why I urge people to look around, Service counts too.. but you will often get good service from a place that is willing to work with you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
From what I've seen while making our deal in the showroom here, the Honda's sell themselves. If I was a car Salesman, I know now that I want to work for Honda. This dealership on the Saturday that I went in to buy my element must have sold 8 vehicles. I've never experienced before paying MSRP for a vehicle, but since it was a Honda I didn't complain. But when they said they were selling their new elements for $2,000.00 over MSRP I told them not to me you're not. Maybe that is why the other 4 units are still on their lot as of a few days ago. I'm going to drive by the dealership this weekend to see if the other units have been sold yet. I wonder how long it will be before I see another one on the highway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts