Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay some jack%$$ slammed their door into my drivers door Monday night.
Now there is a small crease, that runs through the horizontal crease of the door and goes all the way down the door.

All my cars I've ever had were pieces of crap and NEVER got dinged. I finally have a car I love and it gets smacked:mad:

So I've never had to deal with this type of repair before. Someone mentioned earlier about paintless dent removal. I looked them up my internet yellow pages and there was no shop, just a come to you service, no phone #, I had to leave an e-mail.

Mr. Jojo called our local body shop guy, and he said it would entail quite a bit of work, 2-3 days. I could drop it off on Fri & Sat, pick it up and bring it back one more day to finish (I need it for work). This sounds scary to me.
I'm bringing it to him tomorrow at noon for an estimate.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
349 Posts
Definetly source out a paintless dent removal guy. The work they do is amazing. Much cheaper and you keep the OEM paint.

It takes them anywhere between 30minutes to 2 hours.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are all the PDR "come to you"? It sounds great, if it doesn't add too much to the cost, since I live where only hurricanes can find me. I don't know where they are based out of. The wenbsite just says "serves;" and lists quite a few towns--of course mine not being one of them.

They haven't contacted me yet.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Are all the PDR "come to you"? It sounds great, if it doesn't add too much to the cost, since I live where only hurricanes can find me. I don't know where they are based out of. The wenbsite just says "serves;" and lists quite a few towns--of course mine not being one of them.

They haven't contacted me yet.
Jojo, on a serious note - if they don't serve your exact town - maybe you can drive to Galveston and have them meet you in a parking lot, just a thought

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
297 Posts
or if you're going to the houston meet up - i bet there's one in houston. have 'em do it during the meet up - entertainment for all.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,942 Posts
Keep in mind, that the longer the dent is there, the less likely it will be that it can be removed "painlessly" without paint damage.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Jojo, instead of checking with your local body shop, check with a few of your closest car dealerships. A lot of car dealerships use paintless dent repair guys to spruce up the cars they take in on trades, before they go back onto their used car lots. Ask who they use, and get contact info. In the smaller places, it may be a guy that comes out from Houston on a schedule or something.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jojo, instead of checking with your local body shop, check with a few of your closest car dealerships. A lot of car dealerships use paintless dent repair guys to spruce up the cars they take in on trades, before they go back onto their used car lots. Ask who they use, and get contact info. In the smaller places, it may be a guy that comes out from Houston on a schedule or something.
I never heard back from the e-mail co.

I called a relatively close dealership, and they actually gave me the # to their PDR man. I called him and said he charged extra to come to you, but he would be at that dealership in the morning to work on their cars and I was more than welcome to drop by and see what he could do with it:D

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I never heard back from the e-mail co.

I called a relatively close dealership, and they actually gave me the # to their PDR man. I called him and said he charged extra to come to you, but he would be at that dealership in the morning to work on their cars and I was more than welcome to drop by and see what he could do with it:D
Order it from the late Billy Mays and do it yourself......................
http://www.dingking.tv/

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
324 Posts
Darn it:mad:! I was just about to ask where the pic. of the damage was! Ouch that looks like it hurts. Sorry people are a-holes. I have one on my drivers side but definetly not as noticable as that. Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fixing Sunny;

I went to the Ford dealership this morning, and stopped at the service dept. and asked for the ding man. They didn't know who I was talking about and sent me to the body shop. The body shop said he wasn't there, but called him and said he was in the showroom but would be right over. So the body shop guys got me a chair and I hung out in the shop with the guys for 45 minutes! It was good company except for Manuel-Hernando? could hardly speak english and didn't move from his chair the whole time.....I wonder what the guy's job is?
Turns out another customer found him 1st and he thought the guy was me and fixed his car and was just hanging out in the AC.
Someone finally found him and told him I was still waiting for him and he showed up.

So the guy shows up then gets a beatdown for some damage he caused in the shop the last time he was there---I got a 1st hand account of a mechanics tirade---wee that was fun:)

So he looks at Sunny and says "Yeah thats pretty bad":-( Not only is it deep, but because it's deep it means it's pulled more of the metal around it--large surface area to be fixed.
It took 45 minutes to fix, cost me $100. I asked how much more to come to my house so I wouldn't have sit with the guys in the body shop next time, and he said another $25. I probably wouldve done that:cool:

Anywayz, I can look at her again without wincing, she's SEXAY again:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
too bad I didn't see this thread until just now...lol

If you had searched, you may have found a thread I did about this very subject about 2 years ago....

There are not too many digs these guys can't get out....ask anyone in the NE about the baseball sized ding I did to mine, moving my trailer at Journz one time...owww
(and yes, the paint was 'broken', and it was on the left rear corner, just above the tail light)

Anyway, the guy I went to got it out, and about 5 more on each side....
Cost me $300 for the lot of them, and it took them about an hour....they didn't give any crap about size or length, etc, but I did learn that there are basically 2 methods for doing this type of work....the most common is the guy that glues the thingy to the door, then pretty much pulls the ding out. The other way (and the one my guys used) is to use little rubber hammers, and long thin push rods that they position behind the ding. These guys insert the rods in from the window trim (or anywhere else they can get an opening - including drilling a hole somewhere that is hidden, and easily plugged) then use their little hammers to 'release' the ding, while pushing from the other side. It's like magic watching these guys work, and when they're done, it's like there was never anything there....

And this is why dealers use them...lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts