Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know this type of question has been posted before, but I need an update.

Someone opened their door and yes, put a nasty dime-to-quarter sized ding in the door. So there's two issues:

(1) The actual dent or ding. Anyone know the best way to remove this? Or if we should take our E to our local dealer's collision center to fix it?

(2) The dent/ding pierced throuh the paint. So there's a scratch mark that is THROUGH the paint. i.e. washing it or whatever will not remove it. Is there some touch-up wax or paint or something I can do to restore this door to NEW?

Our E is Eternal Blue Pearl (blue). Can someone help with either question or both?

Thanks,
--ibENeZ

· Registered
425 Posts
You can try to locate a ding doctor or some other mobile company who can fix that ding for you.

I suggest using touch up paint after they fix your ding. This is not a perfect solution but the other alternative is to have the whole panel painted and it will cost you!

· Registered
1,620 Posts
Trust me....try to fix it with touch-up paint....that is what my dealer did when I went in to get a small ding along the edge of the driver'd door fixed...they said it would cost between $567 and $800 to repaint/resurface the door.....the touch up paint works fine for me! Good Luck!!

· Registered
227 Posts
What do the Ding Doctor type companies charge? Has anybody used them? Otherwise, Penguin, what did you dealer charge to remove your ding? We don't have a problem using the touch-up paint.

· Registered
223 Posts
I know little about them, but in the midwest thgere are a number of "spoon" guys who use a long spoon-like device to get inside the door and pop dings out. They are much less than $600.

Advice 1: get the touch-up kit from the dealer. It's worth the price for the exact paint match.

Advice 2: go to an art store and buy the smallest paint brush they sell. Use this to paint. Also, depending on the location, it may be best not to use strokes, but allow to the paint to fill the hole using surface tension.

· Registered
359 Posts
Ding doctor charges between 80 and 200 dollars depending on the ding. I got a estimate on the ding on my wifes crv and it would have cost me 120 for her ding the size of a dime. Today, while I was at home depot, some jerk imprinted their door into the drivers side back door. It left a nice half inch crease in the door. I was able to get the paint off with some white compound but you can see the crease on a angle. I'm telling yeah, the car is only a week old and it has a dent in it. I wasn't even in the depot for 5 minutes. Friggin JERK. :evil: You can't have nothing nice anymore. Anyway I was a body and fender guy for 5 years and my advice to you is forget it. If they paint it won't match. You will have to paint the whole side. I have seen some body shops do a good job with paint but its not easy. Clean the area the best you can with orange or dark grey compound and lightly dab the touch paint into the opening. Allow it to dry and repeat the process using the compound until it looks surface looks clean. The compound is like sandpaper and orange and grey are the grittiest. I use white, which is the least course, on my cars once a year.

I hope this helps you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.