Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Got-damp-by-a-stone-on-the-beach gave Lucy a vicious door ding today. Big old white crescent moon on Lucy's driver's door - just like she's an old outhouse. It's pathetic, I tell you! :cry:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his or her Levi's! :evil:

May he or she get a monster case of Monteczuma's Revenge and run out of TP! :twisted:

May an IRS agent with PMS get his or her taxes to audit on the morning that she had no coffee and had a run in her pantyhose! :x

Shall I go on? Or do you catch my drift?

::::hisses and swats!::::: :twisted:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. I am so worried it is going to happen because those big doors have absolutely no protection from idiots. Is there any molding that would protect the doors while looking good??????? Anyone have any ideas?

Don't you wish you had walked up behind the SOB when it happened????

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean to, its just that it looked like an outhouse to me...

Dang that sucks hellcat. Hope you find can get that fixed. What a mofo... :twisted:

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:0c0b12ca78="Kayakin' Dan"]Don't park next to anyone.

Hell, who among us doesn't need the excersize anyway?[/quote:0c0b12ca78]

Yeah, I am anal about being totally antisocial when it comes to parking. I get the "Death Stare" from my family when I park a mile from the mall entrance. :shock:

LH - I hope what goes around comes around and your door dinger's door falls off next time they park.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When someone doesn't care about his own car, he sure doesn't care about yours. That's too bad. Things like that make you crazy. I always try to park way off by myself, but sometimes it's just not possible.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry LH -- let me add "may his or her teeth rot in his or her mouth" to your litany (it was my departed mothers favorite curse).

Back in '95 when our Maxima was new, I mean brand new -- the day we got it -- my wife took it to the mall and parked far far away. Well needless to say walking back, from 50 feet away, she saw a ding the size of a quarter in her door and not a car around. On a strategic note, I choose to park next to late model, well maintained cars. So far so good. An observation -- cleaning her car recently I noticed nearly all of the dings were on the back door which suggests to this detective that rug rats are the perpetrators.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Parking away from the crowd doesn't work. Some idiot will eventually find you. I routinely park away and come back to find some clunker parked next to me. The idea of parking next to well maintained, expensive, late model cars is good except they can leave and be replaced by "ne'er do wells" while you are still shopping.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thinking back to everywhere I took my car yesterday, I'm pretty sure this happened when I left my car with the courtesy valet parking guy at the Veteran's Administration hospital. They parked the car while I helped my father get out of the car, get his oxygen tank and jacket and such, and into a wheelchair.

I would feel extremely petty complaining that my car got dinged while the government was taking care of my father's health needs. But then, he is a disabled veteran, and he *paid* for it.

It's just a door ding, life goes on. Lucy shines on, and I'll get some compound and gently buff it out this weekend.

I'll just look at this as another opportunity to lavish attention on Lucy. :wink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry about the ding LH. I'm still waiting for my 1st one. I know it's coming, just too many idiots out there. I used to park next to nice cars thinking they would take care more but who knows? I'm not a vengeful person normally but I'd be tempted to key a car if it dinged me and was sitting next to me still. Maybe you can rub it out some to minimize the damage.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, Lush!

Okay, I had to say that, but I'll call you LH from now on.

Sorry to hear about your ding. :cry: That hurts!
Glad to see you coming to terms with you.

Have you tried the old curse:

"May all your children be born naked!" ??

It generally leaves them scratching their heads.

Kinda like my favorite graffiti:

"Why is a mouse when it spins?"

Greetings from the land of the Jersey Devil! :twisted:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just don't understand why people are so inconsiderate. You see more and more of them on the road with their cell phones and aggressive driving so it doesn't surprise me I guess that they go out and ding other peoples cars without a care. I remember one day when my friend had just bought a brand new red Honda Del Sol. She was sitting in the car waiting for me while I was in the store. She sat there as a deterrent thinking if someone saw her in the car they would be careful and not strike her door. WRONG!!!
Upon my return she was in a rage about the "BOAT" parked next to her in which a man got out, dinged her door, took one look at her and without so much as an apology walked away. She wanted to key his car for his careless and thoughtless behavior. Anyway she still got a ding and was helpless to do a thing about it.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a buddy who has a perfect cure for inconsiderate people who bash other peoples doors. He takes his trusty lead gasket hammer (which he always keeps in the trunk) and gives the sorry son-of-a-pooch a firm smack with it right in the middle of their hood. His logic is they'll have to look at it every day whilst driving their auto and maybe it'll teach them some respect and/or manners.

BTW Hellcat we were in Dallas Sunday, July 27. We were driving around Greenville and Lovers Lane when we spotted a SOP E around 2 in the afternoon. Was that you perchance?

·
Registered
129 Posts
[quote:9b17e90d26="LittleDogBox"]I just don't understand why people are so inconsiderate. You see more and more of them on the road with their cell phones and aggressive driving so it doesn't surprise me I guess that they go out and ding other peoples cars without a care. I remember one day when my friend had just bought a brand new red Honda Del Sol. She was sitting in the car waiting for me while I was in the store. She sat there as a deterrent thinking if someone saw her in the car they would be careful and not strike her door. WRONG!!!
Upon my return she was in a rage about the "BOAT" parked next to her in which a man got out, dinged her door, took one look at her and without so much as an apology walked away. She wanted to key his car for his careless and thoughtless behavior. Anyway she still got a ding and was helpless to do a thing about it.[/quote:9b17e90d26]

If that happens, get the plates, and call both the cops and your insurance company. You might well be able to get a charge of vandalism to stick, and your insurance company could put some pressure on him. It would also help if you had pictures - one of those cheap disposable cameras would be useful.

·
Registered
227 Posts
[quote:818413b8d7="lon777"]I have a buddy who has a perfect cure for inconsiderate people who bash other peoples doors. He takes his trusty lead gasket hammer (which he always keeps in the trunk) and gives the sorry son-of-a-pooch a firm smack with it right in the middle of their hood. His logic is they'll have to look at it every day whilst driving their auto and maybe it'll teach them some respect and/or manners.
[/quote:818413b8d7]

I feel bad for the guy who parks his car next to your friend after the original similar colored car (which gave him the door ding) leaves the parking spot :eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote:bf9779bc02="lon777"]
BTW Hellcat we were in Dallas Sunday, July 27. We were driving around Greenville and Lovers Lane when we spotted a SOP E around 2 in the afternoon. Was that you perchance?[/quote:bf9779bc02]

That was not me, but you could have thrown a rock and hit me from there. At that time yesterday afternoon I would have been going up Abrams, not far east of Greenville, up closer to Northwest Highway, going to pick up my mom. So, lots of Element energy in that area of Dallas yesterday!
Which is ONLY a good thing!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Here's the cure for door dings: I read somewhere that a guy had his vehicle painted with Rhino lining, the tough coating used for pickup truck beds. No worries about door dings, no more. In fact probably nobody wants to even park next to him :lol:

http://www.rhinolinings.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts