Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find any Door Edge Guards that work with the E. I park in a tight spot and sometimes hit the wall when I open the door.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
One of the local dealers in Seattle has them -- and adds $69 to the adjusted market value. So there you have it -- PVC aquarium tubing at around $17 a foot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will be installing the same kind I used on my Ranger. They are about 5-6 inches long, tubular, attach with an adhesive strip, and are flexible. You install them at the point where the door contacts walls. The have a small lip that wraps over the door edge (to help for positioning, I suppose) and are flat on the adhesive side. Guess that makes them "D" shaped tubes, flat side to door. Mine are black.

If you've ever seen the edge guards on vehicles in new car lots that are about 3 inches long and slip over the door panel, these look similar and are longer. I've had several people comment positively on them, and I think they look good, too. I've had mine on the Ranger for almost five years, and they have never peeled in the least.

Total cost--about $10. Look at Target or at a parts dealer. If you like, I could take a picture of them on my Ranger & send it to you to get an idea of how they look.

Bill

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you have a link to post for these, it would be great.

Iskie

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sent you the info in a private message via the Forum. I'm not sure if you access this here, or if it is sent to your email address.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts