Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really prefer to hear a sound when I lock my doors with the fob just to make sure they are locked. If a door is not fully closed, they won't lock and I don't like having to look at the lights to see if they are locked. The horn beep on the second push of the button is just too loud. Especially since I put new horns on.

Here's what I'm thinking: I get one of those little piezo beepers and hook it to the wire that goes into the door to actuate the lock. Then it will beep on the first push of the key fob button and I won't need to press it again to hear the horn. Anyone know if this will work and what wire it would need to be connected to?

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Do you have a 12V test light and a continuity light?

IIRC, there are only wires on the actuator, and both will test as ground. When you actuate a lock (either to lock or unlock), one of the wires will go to hot. Determine which one goes live when you lock, and run the piezo between there and ground. It will only sound for a fraction of a second, but that might be enough for you.

I recommend Posi-Taps rather than the vampire taps they have at auto parts stores.

Thread on digging into the door here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I did this. I took it off because the buzzer I used was an entry chime, like "bing-bong" instead of a regular buzzer. It wasn't energized long enough to complete the tone so sounded funny. I intend to get a single tone piezo and do it again.

I plugged the chime into the rear tailgate lock actuator. It gets energized for a moment to lock the rear every time you hit the lock button. I didn't use wire taps, I just jammed the wires from the chime into the back of the plug. It worked fine. Accessing the rear actuator is probably easier than getting into the doors also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts