Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you heard of anyone having trouble with the electric door locks? Mine are not functioning properly. I got my Element 3 days ago and I love it, but I'm really upset that it has a problem already.:(

When the driver's side door is open and I push the lock button, the door lock just jumps up and down for several seconds. Also, when I push down the lock tab on the driver's side, the other locks don't lock.

Have you heard this before?

I can't believe I have to take it to be fixed already. It only has 209 miles on it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Probably worth checking out, *BUT*, you cannot lock the driver door while it is open unless you have the handle in the open position at the same time. Could this be the problem??

Cheers,

-jdef

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if that is the problem. I figured that if I hit the door lock button while the driver's door is open that the hatch and passenger door would still lock. Also, I didn't expect the driver side lock to start going up and down and up and down.

Also, the door seems to lock itself sometimes. Today I had a friend in the car. I stopped the car, left it running, unlocked the door, got out., and closed the door. Then the door locked itself. If someone hadn't been in the car, I would have been locked out.

I really hope they can fix it quickly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Definitely sounds like a problem. Do you have keyless entry installed?
Yesterday I tried to lock the drivers door by pushing the tab with the door open and the tab would not go down. It would only lock if I had the handle in the open position.

-jdef

·
Registered
9 Posts
me too,read the book,did what it said,now i cant get autolocks to work.....doesnt honda follow this forum and send some help ???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys,
One thing that you need to know about the Honda is that they have a saftey feature to keep you from locking your keys in the vehichle. It has been this way since day one.
In order to lock the car doors you must, a.) have the inside or outside door handle held in the open position, then press the driver's door lock, or press the lock button. All doors should lock at that time.
b.)Make sure that all doors are closed, then turn the key towards the front of the vehichle and all doors will lock. This applies to all Honda vehicles as far as I know. Except for those who do not have power door locks. The same principal applies, you just have to make sure that the passengers door is locked!
Hope that this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me be a little more clear on this subject. The driver's door must be in the open position while holding the door handle in the open position for this to work. :oops:

·
Registered
1 Posts
boyracerone is correct. this is a safety feature on all honda's. if the driver door is open, you must pull the door lever to the "open" position in order to lock the door.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Bobk, I have had my E since early February. I, too, had a door lock problem where my doors would lock themselves, along with a few other quirks. I figured, well, could be worse problems than having doors that always lock. However, when they called to tell me they had an alarm available to put in I asked them to take a look at this as well. When I told the floor guy what was happening, he asked if I wanted this feature turned off. I told him he needed to first find out if it was a feature. Turns out, one of the actuators? had some issues. They spent a day and a half on it (which, mind you pissed me off), but in the end the doors worked fine. However, they never put my alarm in, and no one has yet been able to tell me why I was called in the first place. I think they were able to close a sale while they were fixing my locks, and my alarm was snatched away. Anyway, take your car in, and tell them to fix it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts