Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for looking. Instrument cluster door ajar is all red without a door open.Stays on all the time. What gives?

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Simco.

If you're sure all the doors are latched and closed tightly, then it sounds like one of the switches is malfunctioning. Starting with the easiest test, try pressing the switch on the leading edge of each rear door. If that has no effect, remove the screw from each switch, one at a time:

If that also has no effect, test the switches in the rear latches next. The liftgate has a single, central latch; the tailgate has one on each side.

If the switches are functioning normally, it's possible a connector has become undone. That will require removing some garnish to check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found the problem. Tailgate if not closed properly, gives a false latch on the right side of the tail gate. This side actuates the switch. Slam shut no problems. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Found the problem. Tailgate if not closed properly, gives a false latch on the right side of the tail gate. This side actuates the switch. Slam shut no problems. Thanks guys
Yep, that happened to me. The rubber bumpers on the hatch are adjustable- screw them in slightly (about ¼ turn clockwise) and then you won't need to slam it to get it to latch.8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to trouble shoot door open warning lights

Both warning lights side door and rear door will not go off even when the doors are shut. Anyone else have this problem? I realize that that this is two separate issues but I don't no where to start troubleshooting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Henry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts