Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from my hitch install. I bought my hitch from etrailer.com and everything worked out perfectly. They sent a nice big box with the hitch and some accessories I bought at the same time. very smooth transaction.

Here's what I bought: hitch, wiring, hitch lock and cover.

Here's all the hardware. All you need are basic tools but a torque wrench helps to torque the bolts to spec.

You definitely want to raise the rear a little bit for elbow room.

In doing my research I saw that quite a few people have to enlarge the holes in the frame, but there was absolutely no drilling or enlarging of holes with this hitch and my 2010 E.

I also read that most people have to trim the bumper a bit, this was tru in my case as well.

No big deal just bust out the Dremel and a cutting wheel, or you could just leave as is and just have a small bend.

Torque everything and you're done. Very easy install.

·
Registered
161 Posts
thanks for posting this! can you show a pic of the hitch cut out after you installed the hitch? am installing one on a 2010 this spring... just wondering how the hitch looks in the bumper after it's cut out.

thanks in advance!

Tam

·
Registered
64 Posts
Strength?

Have you towed anything or put any weight on it yet? I always thought there had to be some welding involved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts