Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to drill some holes thru the left rear corner and the right rear corner of my Element's roof in order to install footings (Yakima Bolt Toploaders) so I can install Yakima HiRise Towers. Two 5/16" holes are needed at each corner. Does anyone have any experience drilling thru the Element's roof? I'd greatly appriate any advise or instruction you can give me. Many thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your suggestion is excellent, but I have to make sure that those two foot pads would not slide back and forth. They have to be SOLIDLY ANCHORED to the roof.

I am carrying a 65 lbs, 17'6" kayak.

I'd appreciate any further advise.

I have to ask, but what do you plan on carrying on the roof that you think you need to add a 5th and 6th permanent anchor point? Why not use a foot pad that rests on the roof towards the outer most edge near the plastic cladding? It is fairly solid back there and so long as you're not putting hundreds of pounds on that one spot the roof should not collapse/buckle any more/less than drilling holes and putting in a fish plate setup.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.