Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,644 Posts
I have to ask, but what do you plan on carrying on the roof that you think you need to add a 5th and 6th permanent anchor point? Why not use a foot pad that rests on the roof towards the outer most edge near the plastic cladding? It is fairly solid back there and so long as you're not putting hundreds of pounds on that one spot the roof should not collapse/buckle any more/less than drilling holes and putting in a fish plate setup.

· Registered
9,644 Posts
Lots of people carry 2 kayaks on the Elements roof. For the longer kayaks they all seem to use front and rear ropes to lock the kayak down.

I have seen where some people have used a hitch mounted support as an option if the kayak is too long, or if you think it's not stable/safe enough.

I just think drilling holes into the roof would just be asking for trouble (leaks).

I would do some searching and reading on here to see who has put long kayaks on the roof and what solutions they came up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.