Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Element EX, purchased 7/3/03. Almost right away I notice a significant vibration in the drive train, most noticeable when stopped at an intersectio or stoplight, i. e. when the vehicle is not moving.

My E is an automatic transmission. The vibration seems to be worse when the A/C or defrost is on. Vibration not present when vehicle is in park or neutral.

I took it to the dealer where I purchased the car and got the run around. Technician came out and said vibration was normal and within tolerance. I asked if there was a specification or measurement that they took to determine that, he said no, it was just a judgement call.

Sales manager came out and promised to take it up with Honda. Never heard from them of course. The vibration in the Element exceeds by orders of magnitude vibration detectable in a 1996 Ford F-150 with 103,000 miles that I own and bought used.

Does anyone on this board:

1. know why I might be having this problem

2. What I can do about it, short of legal action with the dealership or with Honda ( I am getting prepared to do that, but thought I would start here.)

Thanks in advance for all help.

Bob

·
Registered
335 Posts
Have you owned a vehicle with a 4 cylinder engine before? If not, you find that they are noiser and more vibration prone due to their high revs. I'm not saying that you don't have a problem, but I would get the opinion of other people you know before I would take the word of a service tech. You could always take a test drive in another Element for a direct comparison. Then you could walk into the service department and say, "Well that one over there doesn't vibrate like mine..."

·
Registered
447 Posts
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS!

[quote:da1b573a0f="Alien Element"]Have you owned a vehicle with a 4 cylinder engine before? If not, you find that they are noiser and more vibration prone due to their high revs. I'm not saying that you don't have a problem, but I would get the opinion of other people you know before I would take the word of a service tech. You could always take a test drive in another Element for a direct comparison. Then you could walk into the service department and say, "Well that one over there doesn't vibrate like mine..."[/quote:da1b573a0f]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts