Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to lock my car my using the key. If I use the key fob the lever doesn't go down. If I try to force it down, it doesn't budge. Is there any easy fix for this or is it a major PITB?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I have to lock my car my using the key. If I use the key fob the lever doesn't go down. If I try to force it down, it doesn't budge. Is there any easy fix for this or is it a major PITB?
Is the door open or closed when you try to lock it?

It needs to be closed to lock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when the door is closed, I can't push the lever down - it just won't budge. BUT, if I pull the door open handle and hold it in the open position, it will go up and down. Is this out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Is this out of the ordinary?
Compared with my car....yes.

In a related thread.....it seems that some members have different results.

Here is how mine works (and has worked since new):

• With the door open the tab will not go down (seems not to be the case w/ newer cars)

• With the door closed the lock button/tab will go down. (just driver door locks)

• With the door open and the inside or outside door handle pulled/lifted the tab will go down.(all doors power lock)

Will

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine will lock both doors when I push down the tab on the driver's side when door is open or close. No need to pull the handle to lock it. I guess honda engineer's got smart after a year or so later. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts