Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, first post...been trolling through here every day soaking it all in. But now I have a problem, just wanted to see if anyone else has it as well.

I have an EX, but haven't done the keyless entry yet...so I just have the manual locks. When turn off the engine and get out, I can't push down on the driver-side door lock...at all! And then, when I use the switch to lock all the doors lock, then a second later the driver-side door lock pops up half-way like it's mocking you! It's actually kinda funny, but still annoying none the less. So for now I have to turn off the engine (When the car is running and the doors are closed the lock functions properly), open the driver-side door, hit the lock, close the door, and then lock with key from the outside.

Well, sorry my first post was this, but I hope to be around for a while...thanx!

·
Registered
504 Posts
It's a feature to make it difficult to lock yourself out of your vehicle. Hold the handle open (inside or outside) when pushing the lock in and it will cooperate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
it may be annoying, but it saves you from calling a locksmith. you can just about never lock yourself out of the car! :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,I hung in there for about 3 weeks,but I couldn't take the 1960s way of locking my doors anymore...called up HandA ordered that remote and installed it in a short time.One of the best mods you can do to treat yourself!

·
Registered
22 Posts
My civic is the same way. It's saved me many times from locking the keys in. I got used to it and don't even thing about it any more. Looking forward to getting my E with keyless entry, though. :D

B

·
Registered
13 Posts
YES! THE WHOLE DRIVER SIDE LOCK THING SUCKS.... BUT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT LOCKING YOUR KEYS INSIDE YOUR CAR.

THAT IS WHY I PURCHASED AND INSTALLED THE KEYLESS ENTRY FROM
H AND A. EASY TO INSTALL. ONLY TOOK 10 MINUTES.

THIS SITE IS VERY HELPFUL.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE ELEMENT OWNERS ACROSS THE U.S.!!!!!!
:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts