Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the brakes (all 4) and rotors back in September with OEM parts and just recently began hearing a "noise" that is very faint and hard to describe. It happens at slow speeds while applying the brakes ( maybe 15 mph and less to about 5 mph)and it is only coming from the driver side front. I removed the wheel assembly and did a quick viusual, all seems to be good. I did find a tiny pit mark on the rotor (see attached pic) and was wondering if that was the cause of the noise? I'm not concerned, but just wanted to know if this could be the cause.

Thanks,
Pat

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you replace the rear rotors, they have a grove on the rotor where it rides on the dust shield. if so that would cause that squealing noise, and sometimes to adjust them. On the front brakes check you retaining clips that hold your brake pads. the click or clunk might be a worn axle or ball joint. Also check your rear sway bar end links the ones that connect to the shock and the sway bar. check your front tie rod ends too. Mine was dried out causing my cluck in parking lots.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts