Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I am hoping for some advice in isolating a problem with my power driver's side window. After putting the window up, it would not go down. When activating the switch to the down position there is no click at all, but when moved to the "up" position one hears a relay type click. I removed the door panel (many thanks to earlier threads) in hope of a loose connection but no such luck. I have reviewed the threads and am still uncertain if this is a switch or regulator problem. I come to the mountain seeking wisdom....any advice on how to discern which part I need?

Many regards and thanks in advance.

Fred

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
It really sounds like the switch. :-( Sad part is that 's not just a typical switch.

I don't have the service manual nor the electrical manual with me at work right now, but I'll take a look-see and get back to you later on this evening if no one else pops in with a solution.

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Veserf.

Switch is Part #35750-SCV-A01ZA (black-gray), 35750-SCV-A01ZA (gray-blue), 35750-SCV-A01ZA (gray-green). Retail $75; discounted, about $56. You should be able to test the function by temporarily jumpering connector contacts before you commit to buying the part. Like Benny, I don't have the manual at hand so can't outline the procedure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.....

Thanks, I will go ahead and order the switch, pretty reasonable price. Err...1 other thing...I broke the rear window trim while removing it (triangular trim piece lower left corner of the window) I have been searching for a replacement and getting no hits for "Honda Element window trim"...any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Fred

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
I broke the rear window trim while removing it (triangular trim piece lower left corner of the window)
Join the club! There's only one way to remove that part without breaking it. It's not difficult, just not quite intuitive. See service manual for details.

Garnish, l. fr. door sash (inner): Part #72480-SCV-A00ZA (black/gray), 72480-SCV-A00ZA (gray/blue), 72480-SCV-A00ZA (gray/green); $9–$12.

Benny, #24 in diagram above is a clip that doesn't usually break. The garnish is #9/10 (passenger/driver).

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
:oops: geeze, kinna flubbed on that one, huh?

Took a look-see at the service manual, they don't even give a test for the master switch. Instead they said if it's getting the correct signals then just change the switch. :rolleyes:

It could be a multitude of things, a bad motor, a broken wire, of course a bad switch is my guess. You should see that in the magestic link I posted earlier - I won't begin to post a reference number. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts