Honda Element Owners Club banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Driverside window button

Left interior light on in my 2008 Element and battery drained had to get a co worker to boost me.Now my one touch auto button for driver side window doesn't work,it will work if i hold it but the auto feature doesn't.Could this be a fuse?

· Retired.
13,245 Posts
Threads Merged.

Page 91 of the 2008 owners manual:

If your vehicle's battery is disconnected
or goes dead, or the driver's window
fuse is removed, the AUTO function
may be disabled. If this happens, the
power window system will need to be
reset after reconnecting the battery or
installing the fuse.
1. Start the engine. Push down and
hold the driver's window switch until
the window is fully open.
2. Pull and hold the driver's window
switch to close the window
completely, then hold the switch for
about 2 seconds.

· Registered
65 Posts
Auto Down Window

Hi All

I just changed the battery in my Element.

I learned the hardware about the radio code, as it turns out the local dealer could help me over the phone for my 2003 Element if that helps anybody.

I had to disconnect the battery to re set the radio before I used the code.

Oddly though, my auto window down on my driver side window won't work now. Before I disconnected the battery it worked in the auto down. Now I have hold the button to get the window to go down.

Is there some re set on this button ?

Gary

· Registered
425 Posts
Put it all the way down then all the way back up 3(?) times back to back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
256 Posts
automatic window issue after battery dies

yesterday, I was dipping my rims and I left the vehicle in the 1 position on the key so I could listen to the radio without the fan running. after about 5.5 hours, the radio started cutting out and I tried turnig the vehicle over and it wouldn't so I hooked it up to my portable jumper. after re-starting the E, I tried rolling the windows down and they both work, but you have to hold the drivers button down the entire time. is there any way other than disconnecting the battery to reset the window motor so that it will work properly?

· Registered
102 Posts
How long do you guys hold the button for the auto up function to start? I've owned my 05 for about a year and seems like in the last couple weeks if I don't hold the button up for a full second the window will go back down when its only gone about an inch up. I disconnected the battery when I noticed this and redid the reset procedure as mentioned many times in this thread, but nothing changed. Has it always been like this and I just haven't noticed it before?

· Registered
2,726 Posts
have you recently disconnected the battery?

every time you disconnect the battery, you have to reprogram the OEM radio presets and reset the window auto up/down.
to reset the window auto up/down, push the button to make the window go all the way down and then hold it for 2 seconds, then pull the button up to make it go all the way up and hold it for 2 seconds. or something like that. exact procedure is in the owners manual.

· Premium Member
15,320 Posts
Threads merged. Also see 2005 owner's manual page 81.

OTOH, sometimes the auto-up/down does fail. Mine has been wonky for years. Some weeks it works, others it doesn't, and no amount of holding the switch will make work when it doesn't want to. So there's one contrary data point.

· Registered
14 Posts
Never even thought to look at the manual for this solution! Haha. Mine resets itself every now and again. Glad I stumbled on this thread, just reset it and now it’s working! Now to find the thread that talks about the door lock actuator lol

· Registered
5 Posts
After battery disconnect, power window auto-up/down function inoperative

I recently installed the keyless entry on my new Element. However, I have one small problem - the auto up/down function on the driver's window is disabled. Can anyone help me on this? Thought I read a thread in one of the forums about this but can't find it now.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!
The driver's side power window works fine but when I click and release the switch, the window just stops.

· Registered
5 Posts
The driver's side power window works fine but when I click and release the switch, the window just stops.
I recently installed the my ip birthday wishes tneb keyless entry on my new Element. However, I have one small problem - the auto up/down function on the driver's window is disabled. Can anyone help me on this? Thought I read a thread in one of the forums about this but can't find it now.

· Registered
6 Posts
I installed the Honda fog lamps last night. Everything went fairly well but I noticed today that the automatic power window feature doesn't work!

The only thing I can think of is either I accidently loosened a connector around where the relay resides or I have a defective wiring harness.

I'm going to debug it tonight and hopefully find a loose connector. I cringe at the thought of replacing that harness; it was a pain to install.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Oh yeah, many a time you just need to pop out and back the power window fuse. It's either # 6 or 23 I can't remember. You want the power window relay I believe it's a 7.5amp

· Registered
3,178 Posts
Oh yeah, many a time you just need to pop out and back the power window fuse. It's either # 6 or 23 I can't remember. You want the power window relay I believe it's a 7.5amp
No, but if you read the rest of the thread first or use the search function, you'd know that all that's needed is to run the window down and hold the button for a few more seconds - then up and hold it again like before. This relearn process needs to be done every time the battery is disconnected and is probably one of the most asked-for problems on the board.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.