Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna put one on each side of the H. does anyone know of ones that will fit? the ones i wanted wont fit, thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
i wanna put one on each side of the H. does anyone know of ones that will fit? the ones i wanted wont fit, thanks
a search would help, They ones from kragen in my lsat post will fine and are 55watt so pretty bright. But if you simply looked you would see what you could fit. so look...:-D

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
The bling light driving lights fit perfect behind the grill, and mounted to a factory drilled hole in the U shaped crossbar. All that was needed was an extra washer to span the gap. I have a picture posted in one of the blinglight threads. I recommend that you use driving lights in this position. The foglights work great low to the ground in a snow or rainstorm, but won't be bright enough to make much difference mounted up high.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got Hellas. I don't remember the model number.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
I bought a set of these for use as camping lights, and tested the output voltage of the flasher module.

The flasher module output is within 0.1V of the input voltage from 10.4 to 12.1 V. The only components inside the lamps are LEDs and resistors, there's no reason why the LEDs should fail in less than 50,000 hours continuous operation (individual LED lifetimes are typically more than 100,000 hours).

(I would advise opening and sealing their cases with silicone sealant to prevent moisture from getting into the case. I've had to rebuild 2 LED lamps that drew in moisture due to the daily changes in temperature and humidity this winter. They had no provision for draining the accumulated moisture.)

If you wish to extend the lifetime of any LED lamp in an automotive application, the simplest way to assure that they are not operated over voltage is to use a low cost LM317 regulator. (A simple series resistor alone won't prevent exposing the lamp to overvoltage/overcurrent if the primary voltage goes up to 14+V)

Here's an article explaining how to do it:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts