Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to install my driving lights over the weekend. Was torn up whether to purchase a grill/brush guard or not to mount a driving light. Decided to save my $$$ and opted to just install it on the bumper when I found a brand new pair sitting in my garage. An IPF 200 driving lights. Here's the outcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
so tell us more, please.
did you use a backing plate on the bumper?
or just attach them directly? do they vibrate much?
what made you choose the IPF 200s? they're known for amber lighting and i wouldn't normally associate amber w/ driving lights.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
so tell us more, please.
did you use a backing plate on the bumper?
Edit: No. I just mounted it directly to the bumper and used the double sided tape that came with it and screwed the mounting bracket to the bumper. The bumper plastic was strong enough to hold the lights because the lights really did not weigh that much.
do they vibrate much?
No. The tape serve as a dampening material and actually minimized the vibration. I think it will only vibrate when you hit a pothole or when when you get a hard bump.
what made you choose the IPF 200s?
I bought it about 5 years ago and misplaced it and then found them lately in my garage. I have used IPF lighting systems before and liked the build quality/performance when it comes to lighting. Plus the lights were smaller and could have several options for installation.

they're known for amber lighting and i wouldn't normally associate amber w/ driving lights.
I guess it's just a preference. I like to use them in foul weather conditions where is penetrates rain better with less reflection.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished all the wire routing and switch installed. I used the LED touch pad switch for cosmetic look and functionality. Here are some pictures of the wire routing and re-used the original plastic plug/cover but reversed the installation so the inside is now on the outside of the firewall. Switch is off in red and on with blue. I tied the wire loom along with the cable and purposely did it so water if any will be going downward the wire loom instead of directly routing the wire loom from above to the firewall hole which may direct water to the hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
nice install.
and i'm even more impressed by cleanliness under the hood.
still would like to see a pic w/ the lights turned on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
what is the best way to run the wiring through the firewall. I have some led fog lights i'm wanting to install but the firewall is holding me back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is the best way to run the wiring through the firewall. I have some led fog lights i'm wanting to install but the firewall is holding me back.
The easiest way is to let your wiring go through the top and behind the fender well. You have to open up the fender well by bending the plastic cover. Hint. Just follow the hood cable routing as seen in the picture. I'll see if I can find that thread here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The easiest way is to let your wiring go through the top and behind the fender well. You have to open up the fender well by bending the plastic cover. Hint. Just follow the hood cable routing as seen in the picture. I'll see if I can find that thread here.
i have an SC is the fender well the same. I'm not seeing the plastic you're talking about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts