Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a canadian Element with the DRL's installed from factory. I recently installed a HID kit with motorized HI/LO bulbs. After install my DRL's quit working. The DRL indicator lamp comes on the dash also. My HI/LO beams work fine. When I release the park brake they turn on and then shut off. I checked both drl fuses and they seem fine. The HID harness has a relay that I thought might be the culprit, but the manufacturer told me that if the relay was defective, the lights wouldn't work at all. The only other thing I can think of is that mybe the HID plug. that connects to the factory bulb plug, is wired incorrectly, therefore the polarity is wrong. When I turn my drl's on and check the factory plug with a test light, none of the 3 prongs have power to it. Is this just because the voltage is so low? Any help or suggestions would be great. :-(

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Without knowing EXACTLY what you have done to the stock wiring there's no way to possibly answer this.

The DRL's work by dropping the voltage to roughly half and applying that to the high beam portion of the headlamps. You're going to have to look back at the modifications you have done and see what's going on (or not going on as the case may be).

The simple solution may be to just add some kind of aftermarket lamps and be done with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts