Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both windows if opened more than 2" will start to rattle. i am guessing the track or clips holding the window are loose.

Any ideas on how to get the door panels off without problems and adjust?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe not saying this correctly...

The window rattles. I am assuming the bolts that go into the window or clamps are loose causing the window to vibrate against the metal sounding loose.

Wondering if anyone has dug into that area yet.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
My front windows will rattle just slightly when they are open a few inches; any more or less and it stops.
It's very slight and easy to avoid so I've never addressed it.
I think it is actually the window itself moving slightly.

I don't know if it works, but this link may help you out if it works.
I was able to download the .rar file but my work computer won't open it so I'm not sure if it is the real service manual, but it may be worth a shot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, i'll check itnto this.

I do realize that I added window tint and I wonder if the felt/water wiper has slowed down the opening causing the window to become loose.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a 167MB Download and the .rar is just a compressed file. After downloading the file "CRC" is corrupted. I know there are .rar programs for PC to fix these issues and I could use this file but, I am on a mac.

Nice book site though since I do work on printers every so often.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've had the same thing for my passenger-side window for a few years now, and I just move the window up or down some to make it stop.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that is what I do now. Roll the window down about 4" then up 1".

Next week when the weather is better, i'll adjust the windows. maybe I can finally finish tinting them too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts