Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

Great service, this forum.

Bought a slightly used (10K) 07 LX about a year ago from the local Honda dealer. It has dual exhaust (2 ports each side; right side welded to the main), which the used car salesman told me were "gas saving exhausts". (Now I'M not even that stupid!). Told me they couldn't give us the "certified used car" inspection because it had been modified...But we bought the car anyway (they threw in a Zurich extended service contract).

Is there useful purpose to this exhaust beyond appearance (which I could care less about)? Is there any reason to remove it?

Only problem (aside from having to yell to be heard b/c of interior noise) is that every time I go over a bump my radio shorts out and I have to turn it off and on (previous owner had a DVD player installed). I'd like to fix this problem if it's not costly to do so. If you can route me to the correct forum, I'd appreciate it.

The only vehicle that I have enough headroom in...aside from a convertible.

Thanks, gents.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have pictures?

I'd like to see some pictures of the exhaust. Sounds like it must look great! Aside from being loud inside, what does it sound like? I just had an Injen exhaust installed on my E and it sounds great. I'm uploading a video to YouTube now.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here's the video w/sound I uploaded on to YouTube of my Injen exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAZp_c9W08
I'm having a hard time understanding, that, it doesn't sound like an Element?
More so when you closed the door?
I have an Ingen exhaust and plus my E sounds mean.
While, I watched the vid I thought it was a XB.:lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts