Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used this to paint any of their wheels? Anybody have any pics of those wheels on an SOP element? I am debating between the silver and graphite color. I currently have 07 SC wheels which look pretty good on there, but I just got a set of enkei's to replace them that need the finish to be refreshed. The graphite color looks similar to the SC wheels finish which I like, but the silver finish is similar finish to the garnish on the front and rear. Decisions, decisions! EOC help me out! :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hey dude,

Don't go silver. It's really silver. Much brighter and more silver'y than rim color. Check my album, I did my rx7 rims. But might be a low res pic.on phone sorry. Just say no one like it. The comment was they make the wheels too silver, or fake looking.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey dude,

Don't go silver. It's really silver. Much brighter and more silver'y than rim color. Check my album, I did my rx7 rims. But might be a low res pic.on phone sorry. Just say no one like it. The comment was they make the wheels too silver, or fake looking.
Is it the picture of the FC? If so, it's too low res for me to get an idea.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
yea, sorry. but it is very sivler, almost like element or lexus silver

·
Registered
304 Posts
You might want to check out Eastwood. They have a wheel paint that matches the panels on my '04 SOP perfectly. I think it's intended for some of the old "Rally Wheels" one one of the 60's muscle cars or something but it's about a dead match and it really hols up well. I painted my wheels four years ago and it's still good. Course, they don't see snow and all the salt etc. that goes along with it....

·
Registered
4 Posts
dont own an element, just visiting the forum and thought id chime in

i used the graphite paint on my protege5 wheels and they came out exactly how i wanted them to. highly recommended. got a few chips in the paint since painting them in september/october but it is winter and i do enjoy sliding in parking lots in the snow

ended up getting the protege instead of an element. im happy and sad that i did

·
Registered
118 Posts
...but it is winter and i do enjoy sliding in parking lots in the snow
ended up getting the protege instead of an element. im happy and sad that i did

This is why I sold my Protege P5 and replaced it with an Element. :roll: Either way the graphite wheels do look pretty sick.

Do you happen to know the bolt pattern on those Protege wheels? I know that they're 5 bolts, but specifically, are they 5x114.3? :scratch Head: Thinking they might look cool on the Element.

·
Registered
557 Posts
They're 5 spoked wheels just like the Element, IMO It would be a waste of time if you changed the wheels to those and no one would even know you did it, except you.;-)

·
Registered
118 Posts
They're 5 spoked wheels just like the Element, IMO It would be a waste of time if you changed the wheels to those and no one would even know you did it, except you.;-)
I was more interested in the specific bolt pattern. Asking if they were 5x114.3 as the Element wheels are.

As for noticeable difference... I think there's quite a bit. ;-)

But either way... I think I'll stick with my 20's that I have on it now. :-D

·
Registered
4 Posts
5x114.3 :)

i really want to get some sc wheels for my protege. love them! dont know if the offset is what i would need though. the mpg on the element is a little low for a daily driver. when i get a job and school closer to home, an element could maybe happen then.

so anyone in the new england area with some sc wheels??? :razz:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts