Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been mulling over replacing my battery for sometime. I think it's about 7 years old, and is really not wanting to hold a charge. I had a thread thinking about getting a Odyssey Battery, but decided to stick with a Duralast after Audiophyle's recommendation.

I'm going to pick up this Size 24 Duralast Gold battery this week, and then get this Battery Tray as well. I may even do some cleaning up and install battery Terminal Posts. I'd like to add in a switch one day, so when the element goes out to pasture at my house I can turn the battery off and back on when I want to drive it. Hopefully I can do the install this weekend.

This thread is just for me to document the install, and if anyone has any advice, feel free to chime in!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I recently installed a Duralast Gold size 35 battery. Added a universal hold-down and it has been working like a champ. Just search "a bigger battery fits" to find the thread for larger batteries.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I've got a Duralast gold 35 in mine too and it's pretty tight. Granted, I kept the original battery tray and put a piece of plywood on top so the battery is sitting on a flat surface, but if you stick a group 24 in it, can you still get to the filler for the transmission?

BTW, putting that battery in was like the difference between night and day. Went from a 52 to a 56 and then the 35.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The update date is: It's worked like a beast!

It was a ten minute install. I took the old battery and battery tray out, popped the new battery right in. It's a little snug at some parts, but I didn't have to remove the air intake tip or resonator. As for battery tray, I kind of made my own with the parts left over and a universal clamp for the top. A generic size 24 tray won't fit in, as the bay for it is too small.

Long story short: It works great, fits fine, and I'm happy I did it.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The update date is: It's worked like a beast!

It was a ten minute install. I took the old battery and battery tray out, popped the new battery right in. It's a little snug at some parts, but I didn't have to remove the air intake tip or resonator. As for battery tray, I kind of made my own with the parts left over and a universal clamp for the top. A generic size 24 tray won't fit in, as the bay for it is too small.

Long story short: It works great, fits fine, and I'm happy I did it.
And now you have to deal with a new problem - torque steer? No... Torque starting.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts