Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole idea of pulling the headliner out for a drop down DVD player seems a bit much for our needs. Many times we pull our camper with my dually. This year, I think we are going to do a longer trip or two and use the Element while renting cabins. Therefore I am looking for a DVD player. We generally use the laptop and put movies in there for the kids to play, but in my Dodge there is a nice padded armrest which sits the laptop just about right for the kids to view it. Haven't tried anything with the Element yet as it hasn't arrived yet. Planning in advance right now and thought i would seek opinions and options for the Element from those that have used them. I am looking for most bang for the buck. Not real concerned about lifelike movie theater in our car. Just something to keep the kids occupied. I did use the search and most of what I found was pretty in depth with pulling out the headliner or putting it into the dash. I was hoping to find some other options. Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
personally if it was me i would either buy a back seat laptop desk that straps to the back of the front seat so they can just keep using the laptop. Otherwise look into an adjustable laptop mount and mount it near the center console aiming back to secure it in the center of the seats.

Look at this thread: LAPTOP MOUNT

I'd do the same thing as this member but i would install it at the rear of the console, laptop will be secured in case of a quick stop or fast start, movable to avoid sun glares and should sit at a good height to avoid being seen in the mirrors or distracting.

If these options don't work let me know and i'll help figure out a better way.

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
I had two headrest w/videos put into my E. They ran it to my navigation system and I can watch movies on the headrests or nav screen. If you go online you may find some for a decent price. My son loves them. I also had a Play Station installed and he now plays games whenever we go on long trips. If you do a search you might find pics of my interior. Good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought an RCA dual DVD unit from Target last Christmas. It was $88.00. They are 2 separate units. One being the DVD player with all the connections and the other a slave monitor only. It has all the audio hookups so if you have a stereo with an aux input, the sound comes through the car speakers. I think you can also daisy chain up to 2 more monitors for a total of 4.

It mounts to the headrests via velcro strap. Plugs into your power outlet. I use it in my GF's car when we go on trips.

This is a real cheap alternative. So far no problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hellbent34- this is what I had in mind. Sounds like it is a do-able solution. Like I said, sometimes we pull the camper with my dually and it would be easy to swap between vehicles. I really don't need something dedicated to one vehicle. Not a necessity and not something I want to have to do to each vehicle.

ElementFanatic- That might be an option number 2 for us.

Thanks for the quick replies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@ The Rube

I have been looking at several different headrest DVD players and I would like to know which brand you went with and how well you like them (or I guess how well your son likes them:)

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
I have been looking at several different headrest DVD players and I would like to know which brand you went with and how well you like them (or I guess how well your son likes them:)
I'll have to get back to you on this one - can't remember off hand. I did get the bigger screens (9") as opposed to the 7" screens. The quality of the pic is pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts