Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had an overhead dvd player installed in my wife's 05 EX and now the key fob wont lock the doors. I'm not sure how the guy wired it up but is there any possibility these two things would be related (the unit is where the dome light use to be)? The fob can unlock the doors fine and the power door locks work but the fob can't lock the doors. Any ideas?

Also whats the proper way to wire the dvd player up, It starts up fine but every time the car is turned off and back on the clock on it resets, is there a possibility it got wired up incorrectly to the dome light wiring?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Issue has been resolved, hatch was not shut all the way, issue with the DVD player is its a POS. Any body have an recommendations on an overhead DVD player that works? :x

·
Registered
519 Posts
The power for the screen/dvd player should come from under the dash not the domelight. Only the dome light should be hooked to the domelight wires.
If your looking for a better overhead screen the Alpine overhead screens are great. If you looking for something cheaper then Audiovox is prob the way to go. When I worked at Circuit City we installed alot of the Audiovox overheads & I was suprised that we didn't have more come back with problems then we did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts