Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question about the DX model E optional stereo, if i get the extra stereo, will some type of aux jack for mp3 players come with the package? :?: Any info on this topic would be appriciated, thanks! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got my DX with the Honda CD/Tuner option. It doesn't have an AUX port to plug in devices with 3.5 jacks.

However, I am looking into FM transmitters that I can plug into my laptop (or any other audio device) that can broadcast the audio signal to an FM frequency on the FM tuner. Wireless baby! 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
stingray......its really a no brainer isnt it? As soon as the dealer told me the dx a/c was a option, it was over.
....hmmmmm, I wonder, has anyone bought an E w/o air cond?.
47AG107 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
[quote:f39856cc63="venture"]stingray......its really a no brainer isnt it? As soon as the dealer told me the dx a/c was a option, it was over.
....hmmmmm, I wonder, has anyone bought an E w/o air cond?.
47AG107 8)[/quote:f39856cc63]

I don't need no stinkin' A/C!!! Its just added weight and gives me less MPG!!! Not to mention thats another thing to fix later down the road! hehe

But seriously, coming from a person who doesn't have great credit and all, I had to opt for the DX with no air conditioning. :( I did get the Honda CD/Tuner, keyless entry, and alloy wheels though (all thrown in by the dealer)! Maybe I'll buy one of those fan thingies in the meantime that plugs into the 12V socket? :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put my own stereo in and it has the mp3 jack just like the factor stereo. The only difference is that I paid $100 only for this Aiwa stereo. He is a picture.

They model show is a discountinued one but crutchfield www.crutchfield.com sells the news model.

The stereo is pretty cool. I plan to add an amp later to give it a little more volume (along with some tweeters and some subs).

Dano
Nighthawk Black 4WD DX

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey all.....I sure didnt mean to offend!...If I did, I apologize.
My EX came with zero options. I hate giving the dealer major bucks for installs. I was quoted 2000 for a/c and living in s. florida- a/c is not really an option.It is a necessity.
I did have a honda civic van that I drove for 9 years . Last 3 the a/c didnt work and I had the fan-thing stuck in the cig lighter.......So, been there and done that.
Again, if I offended, please accept my apologies. :oops:
regards/noel
45Ag107

1 - 9 of 9 Posts