Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my DX last weekend, they didn't have any EX's in the color I want but agreed to upgrade the DX's stereo and wheels (I figured EX spec), but I was wrong and got the Upgrade. Now my questions is. Does the DX Comes with a sub box from the factory (I know it doesn't have the front grille and has a shitty little cubby pocket), but whats behind this? Would it be possible to install a EX Amp and Sub in the DX easily (is the wiring and plugs all there for this ?)

I need some tunes, if this doesn't work I am going to have to find a way to cram a load system into this and keep it 100% useful. TIA.

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:f5946e7882="onelove"]I got my DX last weekend, they didn't have any EX's in the color I want but agreed to upgrade the DX's stereo and wheels (I figured EX spec), but I was wrong and got the Upgrade. Now my questions is. Does the DX Comes with a sub box from the factory (I know it doesn't have the front grille and has a shitty little cubby pocket), but whats behind this? Would it be possible to install a EX Amp and Sub in the DX easily (is the wiring and plugs all there for this ?)

I need some tunes, if this doesn't work I am going to have to find a way to cram a load system into this and keep it 100% useful. TIA.[/quote:f5946e7882]

Hi!

2 Things...

1. Read through some of the posts in this section or do a search - much of what you're asking about regarding audio in the DX has already been covered.

2. Please post a picture of the DX cubby if possible - we don't have a picture of one yet AFAIK - I can answer your question if I can see it in a picture or diagram of some sort.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fortunately I had time to read all through the other posts, the search option will be great in the future, but with this car still being fresh, the old topics are limited.

With that being said I decided to do a little research one my own.

You can remove the cubby in the console, and I imagine order the sub cover plate from the EX (there are screws in the back that hold just this portion on).

There is no sub box in the DX, and I was unable to locate the wiring for the sub. With that being said my question still remains, is there anyway to get the EX sub and amp and install it in a DX and does the wiring exist from the factory to do so. If not it's plan B and go full custom fiberglass center console.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts