Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not to mention that there are physical limits as to the wavelengths (and thus the frequencies) that can be produced in the physical space that exists inside a car. Things start to get silly at a certain point.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It is distributed out of Northern Cali. Im going to be buying some myself soon though, so if you wanted, I could just have them throw another roll (or two, depending how crazy you wanted to go) in the shipment up to me. I live in Lynnwood and work in Seattle, so I can meet up with you pretty much anywhere...

·
Registered
152 Posts
OK - let me know when you do it, and how much it costs. In the meantime, I'm going to try the Home Depot route. They sell some foil-backed adhesive semi-dense foam stuff that goes over air ductwork. I'm also thinking about applying a can or 2 of the expansive foam insulation in a few places. We'll see if it does any good.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I recommend that if you buy the home depot stuff, you only use it on your floor. It tends to melt and would be bad to have in your door(near your window and mechanism) melting. Just my 2cents. I will let you know when I get my order placed (probably around the middle of the month.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Holy crap this stuff (dynamat extreme) is a pain in the but to work with.
Well its not that bad, but getting the door apart and then trying to cut the dynamat out to installs is way more time consuming then I thought it would be.
Spent almost 3hrs tonight and only got the drivers back seat door done!
I had hoped to get both back doors completely tongiht.

Also install one of my new speakers.

Noticable "thud" now when closing that rear door. It only took 1 18x32 sheet for the back door. I figure 1-1/2 sheets for ech front door.
That should leave me with about 4 whole sheets from this 36' kit.
I do not know if I will buy more to do the whole floor or just do from the firewall back as far as I can go on both sides and leave it like that.

Anyone have some installation pointers for this stuff?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:confused: I was also wondering about B-Quiet products; I've heard good things about their high end mat called "Brown Bread" (I'm guessing it was brown colored ?) but noticed it is no longer in the product line.

·
Registered
717 Posts
just ordered some dynamat extreme today. plan to do the doors, floor, spare tire well and roof. should be fun :roll:
but i am sure the results will be worth it.
i am not looking for stereo improvment. just a solid quite ride. :)

-tom :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I agree with Phreaxer, I have had a chance to see the stuff I was talking about earlier called hush mat, I think it is probably just as good as the products we argue about, except I was really impressed with the idea that they dont charge extra for the foil backing, and that it will stick to almost any surface even if it has oil, grease etc on it and wont come off. The kits are alot larger than the competors but I have not got an exact price yet I will let everyone know when I do.

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
05BlackOnBlack said:
I might have to try that!
I actully did that, I stuck a square on the inside of the door against the door skin directly against the bacl of the speakers. Made a slight improvement in the sound quality. Someday I will do more matting. Yes, it does take away that tinny sound, when closing the door.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Phreaxer said:
came across this, thought I would share

www.sounddeadenershowdown.com
Wow . . That's a great link. :)

His "why do it" section EXACTLY summarizes my experience. In my case his girlfriend's reaction = my wife's reaction. (I wonder if he ever ended up doing her car as well . . . )

41 - 59 of 59 Posts