Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! This is my first post here. I will be getting my MANUAL EX 2WD in either G. Green or Orange. I told them to surprise me.....Anyway, I am a mobile auto body/painter and don't want to get me new Element covered in overspray! Does Honda or another company make a car cover for the Element? Thanx for all the help :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can get a car cover for my new upcoming Element :roll: I will be picking it up in about a week....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Regarding an E car cover-- I just got a Wolf cover from BuyAutomotive.com and am pleased with the whole deal, except for the following:

1. It took three weeks to get here (Seattle) (can't complain though--they said that in advance...)

2. The cover doesn't allow for the antenna mast. There's no extra little "pocket" to stick the mast up into, so it gets slightly bent over each time I use the cover. I have sent email to the company that produces Wolf covers. Waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I emailed Wolf a couple days ago and already got a response. They make custom fit car covers for the Element and I am buying the Noah to protect against hail damage and door dings since I live in Dallas....Everytime it rains here it hails and everytime you park someone dings your door. The site is:

http://www.global-accessories.com/carcovers/wolfcovers/wolfcovers_custom.html

I am pretty sure FrozenTundra is right, no pocket for the antenna but from reading the posts on here, the antenna should be easy to remove and put back on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks ExpressElement! I did not know the antenna unscrews so easily :? So, that problem is solved, and I do love the Wolf cover.

·
Registered
894 Posts
It not only unscrews, but it can also be replaced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey all, another update about the Wolf cover.

I received a prompt email response from the company tech support, and was informed that the cover should have come with a separate grommet for the antenna. I said I didn't get one. They said they'd ship me a new one within the week. :D

I guess now the question is whether or not I have to cut the cover to insert the grommet. I'm assuming it's a washer-like affair for the antenna to slip through when I put it on. Which means it's going to get a little water through there when it rains.

Any ideas? I'll inform when I get it via UPS.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
$217....not bad, but I have a question....

when do you leave your E parked long enough to require a cover? Do you cover your E every night and then uncover it in the morning before you hit the road?

Just curious :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Diane,

Well, we've got our two Honda Accords for our weekday commutes, and we bought our E for our wEEkEnd fun. So we cover it all week (no garage) and take it out to play on Sat/Sun.

Mike "FZTNDRA license plates on the way!" D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, latest update:

Got the grommet today from Wolf, and it's designed for a typical metal mast antenna, sticking straight up from the car body. :cry:

It does slip over the E antenna mast, but only travels about 3/4 the way down. It certainly was not designed for use with the type of stubby antenna masts we have on the E.

I'm sticking to removing the antenna prior to using the car cover. As mentioned earlier, we only take the E out on weekends, so it shouldn't be that much of a hassle. 8)

Case closed! :)

Mike D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts